View Single Post
Unread 08-01-2007, 02:12 AM   #26
brasscannon
Zoom zoom

Name :
brasscannon has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
If the fault is at the data center, then if need be I will move the sites (ALL OF THEM) out of there. As I mentioned, at first I got exceptionally good throughput and response from the server this site is on. Then SOMETHING changed, and not for the better.
Let's not throw out the baby with the bath.

I just "groomed" the entire database on this box and that went very fast indeed. Plus I got none of those "The table is usable but ought to be fixed" warnings. Confirmed that it's not a bad little box, and we've ruled out another source of problems.

I've told apache to stop throwing away a child process after every 100 hits; that's a holdover from older versions on a different architecture, and a bit of overhead you don't need.

If we see spotty performance tomorrow I'll turn on monitoring from several different directions and record server performance; if it's the network, you'll have some numbers to use to flog your ISP. Worth giving them a chance to make it right before you cut and run. (And if it DOES come to that, the world is full of hungry service providers.)
brasscannon is offline   Reply With Quote