View Single Post
Unread 12-23-2009, 12:22 AM   #4
Bradzvette
PW Pimp, keeper O' 'da thread

Name :
Bradzvette is on a distinguished road
Default My Character, or lack there of...... cont.

My next mistake:
Late February 2008, I thought my motor was ready to be started up. Tracy was working on some new products, I had picked up my differential and paid for it by check which cleared. Tracy agreed that this was fair to compensate me for the time at the shop I spent, but he wasn’t happy about it and he let me know it. The diff was at his cost, I had no intention of costing the shop money and I wanted nothing for free, at least I tried to be that way. So I thought my new motor was ready to go, it was in the car and I offered to show case a few things on the car like fuel rails and a tensioner pulley Tracy was making to sell so I had a video ready to highlight the new motor. I told Tracy I would show off his new parts in the video and post it on Corvette Forum. I was no longer at RevX officially but was over the hurt feelings of how I felt I was treated there. I agreed to pay him for the items at cost in a week or two.

Unfortunately the motor did not start. I was pissed. The fuel rails did not fit as both he and I forgot that 97 (?) and 98 vettes have a return fuel rail system and also I was using an LS2 intake.

I was under a huge amount of stress as we had sold the house at the height of the real estate boom and we had two weeks to get out, I had Hillsborough code enforcement on my ass about working on my car in the driveway (which is illegal, go figure) they were threatening to tow the vette and fine me. So I had the car moved to the Chevy super center in Largo to have it looked at and see what might be wrong and why it wouldn’t start. Next thing I know Tracy wants the fuel rails back. I'm like I cant get to it right now, I want to return them of course but I'm swamped. I was all packed up and I couldn’t locate the dang things as they were packed by my wife. It took until we moved for me to find them and return them. No excuses though I should have returned them immediately. My mistake. I apologize for the delay in getting the fuel rails back to RevX.

My next mistake, in January 2008 as I was putting all the parts together for the new motor, Tracy volunteered to assemble my heads if I shot a video of the procedure and posted it. I said OK, sounds good. Well that day arrives and I get the feeling he has regretted making the offer. I am a profiler, I can sense what people are feeling by how they act, their body language. I knew something was up and that he wasn’t happy about doing the heads. He was preoccupied with working on his lathe project and was not devoting his full attention to assembling the heads. Again, big clue on my part that I missed, I should have stopped right there and said thanks but no thanks. Dummy me didn't.

Well I come to find out later after I pull the motor in March because it wouldn’t run that the head assembly was completely botched. This motor was never started, had no miles on it, never fired as it had no compression, yet the locks fell out of the heads when the builder took the valve covers off. The builder was shocked, said he never had seen anything like that before. I was so upset. I felt this had cost me time and money (and I felt betrayed more then anything) because the heads were not correctly assembled, I blamed Tracy when I should have blamed myself. I know better then to expect something for free. There is still a cost. So I kept a set of wires for 60 bucks that I did initially intend to return. Check is ready to go on my next paycheck in January. My bad, my fault. Two wrongs don’t make a right.

Lets see what else am I aware of that I have done wrong. Oh yes, on corvette Forum and LS1tech where I did all the posting for RevX, Tracy asked that my screen name reflect the RevX company when I posted. So I had achieved a good following on both sites under my original SN. But I changed it to accommodate Tracy. So my name had the RevX name under it when ever I posted. After I left RevX I didn’t push to remove the RevX name from under mine. It still read supporting tuner. Now did I know this, of course. Did I do it purposely and try to take advantage of it? No I did not.

Unfortunately one of my character flaws (many as you can see by now) is that I am a procrastinator. I had a lot going on. I did send a PM to a couple of mods at Corvette Forum to remove the RevX name but it was right at the time CF was bought out by IB brands and it didn’t get done. So I did try. As for LS1tech I researched on changing my SN and it said they no longer accepted requests for changes that you had to create a whole new profile and you would lose any of your seller ratings. Ughhh. I didn’t want to do that. So I left it, I wrongly figured it was Tracy's responsibility to tell the forums to remove me not mine, even though I did try. Could I have been more diligent in the pursuit? Most definitely. However with three kids to take care of and teaching duties, I was tired. But again, I'm an idiot, my fault for not immediately changing the RevX tuner name from mine. I am sorry.

Cont.
Bradzvette is offline   Reply With Quote