View Single Post
Unread 06-12-2008, 08:21 AM   #10
navy2kcoupe
!ereH nI depparT m'I pleH

Location: 25 miles south of Boston, MA. Also have a house in Dunedin FL.
Name : Andy Anderson
navy2kcoupe has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris308 View Post

p.s. roads need to be vette friendly!! screw gas prices!!
My sentiments EXACTLY!

From what I've seen and heard, there are more things to do and places to see in Florida than you can shake TWO sticks at! It all depends on what you're looking for.
Been to Key West twice.......both times by car....the ride down thru the Keys is worth it if you've never been there before, and Key West itself is.....well........Key West. Once you've been there, you'll know!
I think that there is a ferry to Key West as well, and I think it leaves from Naples. Go to Naples, spend a day or two, take the ferry to Key West (parking in Key West is non-existant/pain-in-the-@$$), stay a few days, then return to Naples on the ferry. I know that there is one Corvette club that has done this trip before with the Vettes.
Two things that I want to do with my wife in the near future are 1) an air boat ride in the Everglades, and 2) parasailing preferably somewhere in the Keys. I took our 3 kids to Key Largo for a weeks vacation, and 2 of them went parasailing. I got a waterproof disposable camera and let them each take some pictures while they were up there, and the pictures are AWESOME! You can see both sides of the Keys while you're up there, and the view appears to be wonderful. I've never parasailed in my life, so it should be an experience.
Whatever you decide to do, just go at it with the attitude that you're gonna have fun, and you will ! Just remember to let us know what you decide to do, and how you liked it. Someone else here might try it based on your experience.
As another thought......you might tag along with one of the clubs represented on this forum for a cruise somewhere. Most of the people that I've spoken with are eager to welcome ANYONE with a Vette to their cruises whether you're a member or not. Check out the events section and see if there's anything in your area or anything that interests you. If you're looking for someone to go with you, post what you are planning here and see if anyone else is interrested! I'm sure that there will be others jumping in here with their thoughts as well. Whatever you decide, HAVE FUN!
Andy
VIETNAM VETERANS CORVETTE CLUB - FOUNDING MEMBER #1
https://sites.google.com/site/vietna...scorvetteclub/
navy2kcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote