View Single Post
Unread 04-19-2010, 12:21 PM   #10
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

I guess I'm still in total agreement with Andy here.

Everyone has thier own reason(s) for attending a show.

I go for the comaraderie, the food, atmosphere, and the ride. I go if it benefits a childrens or veterans charity (first and foremost), or another charity close to my heart.

But, I've never owned a "show car" and probably never will.

My next vette will be a "toy", something to play with on the weekends and when the weathers goodNot a DD and not a show piece (I don't have a garage anymore!)

That said, I've been to a TON of shows, and I never expect to win. I'm happy they even let me in the gate at some of them

My "competitve spirit" doesn't manifest itself in my cars. I save it for business, training, fighting, teaching, things like that...and funnel it for better performance.

When I'm hanging around my car buds, I'm "chillin'" and enjoyin' life, checkin' out the rides I can't afford and enjoying the scenery (yeah, all of it).

Talk about some f**ked up stuff....I went to a Bradenton show a few years back, simply because it was a fundraiser for children.

Took the 87 (those that had seen it understand that part alone), didn't clean it prior to arrival, and when I got there, just locked the doors and walked away. Went to Hooters and had spent time with friends, enjoyed the food, and just had a great time looking at the cars.

Came out for the presentations....just wanted to support those that won...and damn if they didn't announce my name!!

I'm like WTF?

What just happened? I don't know?

Go figure?

But that one plaque means more to me than any of the Ronnie Setzer crap I ever got over the years....and it was totally unplanned.....

If you're competitive, then by all means, compete! Get in it to win it!
But don't let it consume you and cost friendships an cause heartaches as I've seen in past cases

Enjoy it and just remember...it's a car show, not a life support system

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote