View Single Post
Unread 12-31-2013, 06:45 PM   #4
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Well concerning that stuff I was trying to buy through Ebay, the actual company the products were coming from was Travers Tool Company. I wanted to make this purchase using PayPal so the payment would be during the 2013 year, and odd as it seems, although Travers accepts PayPal through Ebay, they do not accept payment that way from their own website. So I contacted them and explained the dilemma I faced. I was told that I could actually place the order through Ebay, and request a total from them whereby they would send me a PayPal bill for the corrected shipping charge. They said that if I was not happy about the shipping charges (which the guy did calculate for me. OK, but not really great for the small items I was buying), then I could cancel and they would cancel from their end. So around noontime on Monday I did exactly that.

And I waited for the PayPal payment request. And waited. I sent a reminder to them through Ebay and got a notice that they were closed until January 2, 2014. Well, thanks a lot... So I just went and purchased the items I wanted from someone else who wasn't so difficult to deal with.

Now we'll see if I get any static from them and/or Ebay about my cancelling that order. At least I have Travers' statements on record about this.

I swear this sure takes all the fun out of buying stuff. Haven't companies figured out that if you make it difficult to do business with them, some will likely just quit trying?