Thread: Rain today
View Single Post
Unread 06-20-2018, 09:15 PM   #101
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Nothing here since my last note of rain. Might have to start watering the fruit trees again if we don't get some rain too.

Speaking of fruit trees, I discovered that a varmint climbed up into one of the pear trees and ravaged a few of the fruits. I didn't think they would be ripe yet so I haven't been checking. Besides, the yellow flies are on their way out, so while they were swarming, no way I wanted to be outside anyway.

Wrapped some aluminum flashing around the base of the tree to keep him from being able to climb, and put the partially eaten pears laying on the ground into a live trap to see if I can catch the sucker. I'm not interested in feeding his butt all summer.

I think at the next gun show in Tallahassee I'm going to look for a night vision scope for one of my rifles. This SOB took most of the peaches this year, and appears hell bent on getting the pears and Asian pears too. I need to put a stop to his nightly buffet meals on our fruit trees. So it's either the live trap, or he becomes maggot bait.