View Single Post
Unread 12-27-2019, 01:39 PM   #2374
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

I dunno, but it looks to me that the plastic of those decals got heated up pretty good by the friction from a rotary buffer. Not sure if the plastic just got heated up enough to start cracking, or else the pad on the buffer started snagging and catching on parts of the decal. You can actually see what looks like the plastic bubbling up from heat from the friction. At a couple of spots, I can't tell if the plastic got so hot that it melted and started to run, or perhaps whoever did this tried to fix some areas with some sort of adhesive.

Rotary buffers are notorious for burning paint if used by someone not experienced with them. I guess plastic decals are even more prone to damage from the heat of this type of buffer if the operator isn't real careful.

Well, damn......

I'm not even sure those decals are still available from GM any longer. I sent an email to the service manager of the shop with the above pics attached. I also attached pics I took earlier showing there was no damage to those decals prior to his shop working on the car. He is off on vacation till Monday, so I don't expect to hear back from him until then anyway.

But my guess is that they have someone there handling the detailing of their vehicles that really shouldn't be doing this kind of work. IMHO. Sure hope this guy isn't detailing their new vehicles before being sold to customers.