View Single Post
Unread 01-05-2008, 01:27 PM   #28
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by als2052 View Post
Unfortunately, Cuba is of no strategic importance to this country given that it has no oil and little other resources that we could benefit from other than a tourist attraction like in its heyday when we all went down there to gamble, drink and chase their mamacitas. As long as Cuba remains the way it is, the Republicans benefit and maintain a strong foothold with the help from the cuban americans here - that is sure to change some time in the future.

How we have sat around for 50 years and let Fidel thumb his nose at us, I will never understand. Now Mr. Chavez is doing the same and yet we are doing nothing because we are interwined with his oil production.

Just my .02

I pretty much agree with you except that Cuba does have some strategic advantage. It's our closest neighboring country and under communist dictatorship rule. I'd much rather have control of the country via a political leadership that is sympathetic to our needs and concerns

The country could be useful in a number of import/export and military ways aside from being a tourist resort. Even then, tourism fuels an economy in many places.

And OIL....yes OIL.......son of a beotch....and they said MONEY was the ROOT of all EVIL!!!!!
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote