View Single Post
Unread 01-07-2011, 08:04 PM   #30
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kap142 View Post
I carry under HR218 and always will.

My humble opinion on a CCR. No problem, now put that CCR in the hands of an idiot and that worries me.
I have to agree with you brother.
Then again, when I was doing this nonsense full time, there were officers that never fired until forced to go to the range.
One guy I had on the line, a warrants officer, had a weapon that would not fire.
My review of the weapon turned up a broken firing pin.

I asked him when the last time was he fired the weapon?
His response: Oh, I don't know?
Sometime last year when "they made us come out to the range!"
Probably broke on the last round and been broken ever since!

As you know, I even got "out of practice" for a while...and it showed

The CCW and 218 mirror each other for the most part, and carry the same restrictions.
The only difference is, 218 is nationwide, regardless of CCW reciprocity

Quote:
For the past, oh 30 years or so have carried concealed due to the Star or HR218 and in all that time I had one person ever notice I was carrying.
Exactly!
If you are good at it, they never will.

Quote:
Something about having and not needing....................rather then needing and not having.
yep

That's why mines always somewhere nearby. I just don't carry in my day to day, due the place I go.

218 or CCW, they're both restricted in many of the place I go

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveK View Post
Just took the CWP class this morning and went to the range for the first time in my life.
99% common sense, but then again if common sense was common, more people would have it.
Man, you can say that again!

Quote:
...Our goal is to get my wife (his Mom) to go to the range and shoot a 22. She was robbed at gun point at the age of 18 and has had a fear of guns ever since. She is warming up to the idea and has held both of our pistols recently. She will come around, but it has to be on her terms. That fine with me.... the world is to crazy to not be prepared today. Like a previous posted stated, better to have and not need, than to need and not have!!!!
Steve
Steve,

May I also suggest that she (preferaby all of you) take a short course (a few hours max) in weapon retention, and disarmament.
Make sure your instructor has some background in the subject matter, and not just some "black belt" that saw this somewhere....I've seen some scary stuff being taught out here

While a weapon is nice to have, there's always the potential for your opponent to remove your weapon and use it against you.
Many LEO's nationwide, are killed with thier own weapons.

It's a short, simple, and with the right instructor, very fun and enjoyable course.
I've had ladies come into my class saying "I could never do that!", and come out grinning like a cheshire cat with a whole new feeling of confidence in thier abilities with thier weapon.

BTW...welcome back

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote