View Single Post
Unread 04-17-2007, 03:17 PM   #2
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Amen, Bro! This cell phone crap has just gotten out of hand. Most people drive like idiots enough as it is without the distraction of talking on the phone at the same time. Heck, they charge extra penalties if you commit a crime using a handgun, so why not increase the penalties of traffic violations and accidents if a cell phone is involved? It is MOST DEFINITELY a contributing factor.

Maybe I'm just weird but I don't WANT anyone calling me when I am away from home. I don't want someone calling me while I am in a restaurant. I don't want someone calling me when I am walking through a shopping mall. Who in the world is that all fired self important to believe that they MUST be reachable 24/7? Call my home. If I'm not there, or doing something that I don't want to be disturbed while doing, leave a message on the answering machine. I'll get back to you when it is convenient for ME.

Yeah, this is one of my FAVORITE rants. When 30 years from now they find out that people REALLY shouldn't have had those little microwave transmitters right next to their heads for hours on end, watch the sheet hit the fan then.......... No, there has been NO long term testing for this sort of thing. How could there be? Actually it may even be a contributing factor for all the danged craziness happening around us every day. SOMETHING is causing people to act like they have had lobotomies. And GRADE SCHOOL kids now have their own cell phones! I guess many of us are the result of the baby boom generation. So what is the resulting population from the brain dead generation going to be like?

Anyway, sorry to hear about that accident. And a word of advice, if you don't mind. DON'T sign off on the injuries with the insurance company as quickly as they are going to try to get you to do that. I wish I hadn't when the wife and I went through a very similar experience 20 some years ago. A jeep slammed into the back of my Bronco while the wife and I were sitting at a stop light up in Pennsylvania. Well, I found out a couple of years ago that I apparently had fractures in the vertebrae of my neck from that accident. And there are bone spurs that resulted that are pressing on some nerves. They probably will get worse, and quite probably surgery will be needed sometime in the future. So get yourself checked out THOROUGHLY before signing off and put it off as long as humanly possible. There probably is a statute of limitations on such things (yeah insurance companies are pretty adept at getting legislation passed that is favorable to their business), so if so, stretch out the signoff until that limitation has been reached.

And man, I do feel for you. But how would it have looked in the papers if you beat a priest into a bloody pulp?