View Single Post
Unread 04-23-2006, 03:23 AM   #6
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough
Default Speak of the devil...........

Quote:
At 6:46 p.m., National Weather Service radar showed a developing tornado over northeastern Wakulla County. The Wakulla County Sheriff's Office had not confirmed whether it touched down in Crawfordville by press time.

"Some of our officers have been talking to folks who saw it," Capt. Jim Griner of the Wakulla County Sheriff's Office said. "I've heard that some civilians have a video."
Well there certainly WAS a tornado! And it was about 2 miles from my house. One of my employees actually saw it and took pictures with his cell phone camera. He said the road I live on was blocked by fallen trees from the tornado. Power was out here begining around 5:30pm for almost 8 hours. So my automatic generator finally proved it's worth today. Without it, I would have been scrambling to get a portable generator cranked up to keep the mouse building from going into thermal overload.

This is the second close call with a tornado in about a month or so around here. They both took about the same path but this last one was a bit closer. Of course I didn't hear or see a thing. We are completely surrounded by heavy woods, so if I were to see a tornado, that means it is right on top of me!

Would have been darned inconvenient to have the house and buildings blown away, I suppose. Not to mention seeing my vette flying through the air might have been a sight to remember as well. Not exactly a GOOD memory, but certainly one I would remember the rest of my life.
Rich Z is offline   Reply With Quote