View Single Post
Unread 10-04-2007, 10:07 AM   #12
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

There are some rather easy fixes to thwart the forfieture laws. The first is place the vehicle in the name of two(2) people (spouse for example) and make it "and" on the registration.

The othere is to keep a HUGE lien on it for more than the vehicles worth.

The state has to pay off the lien before the it can take the car (IIRC-I'd have to go back and review).

A race bike cop in Tampa? Where? I know most of the guys (trained many of them) and usuaaly keep up on this chit? Guess I missed one.

I can tellyou this though. Unless the departments are willing to spend the $$$$ for initial and remedial training it really requires to operate a crotch rocket as you describe at high speed (ie-Superbike School or such course), they're asking for more officers killed and injured

I trained until I retired from the HCSO. Was in charge of the west side unit and training as well.

Most of the guys we had riding, we're not all that dedicated to training, nor were they necessarily that good. They were great at low speed manuevers and dead stop actions, since thats mostly what you have to deal with in parades, and general traffic enforcement (tight turns, quick stops, adn low speed turns and reverses). But there just wasn't enough high speed training to make a difference.

The guys by an large, hated training days (to much like work- with thier ride on the line) and the dept. didsn't support them because it took us off the streets!

And there was really no cost involved in these.

Get guys out here chasing bikes on bikes and you're concocting a recipe for disaster

Add to that the "undercover profile" of a sport bike over a traditional bike and you're screwed.

FInally, as previously stated, theres absolutely no reason to be chasing anyone over a minor traffic offense, and speeding, regardless of how the state jacks it up, is still a MINOR TRAFFIC OFFENSE!!!

They're trying to make it more to justify the chases

Very bad idea

The DARE cars are usually drug vehicles, adn as far as I'm concerned that ok

But let them start snatching for speed and you'll see all kinds of chit out here on the street

BTW, if there's a sport bike out there, you can likely thank you're local bike dealer for the kind donation
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote