View Single Post
Unread 07-23-2007, 01:13 AM   #8
Hot Pursuit

Name :
Hot Pursuit is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classy
One of my son's got pulled over once because he had,get this,a trialer ball on his rear bumber,nothing attached to it,the deputy said it was blocking his license plate. Mean while I see trucks driving around with trailers without license plates on and if they are on they are heldup with wire and are crooked. I guess they nothing else to worry about around here.With all the horrible stuff that happens in this crazy world,it is a shame that the Leo has to worry about petty things like this.For anyone who think I'm Bashing any Leo officer's,Well just to let you know my husband was a MP in the Marines and my one son works for are local Sherriffs Dept.I have Great respect for a Leo and think they are under payed,Has are a firefighters.I just can't understand why these petty laws are still on the books,meanwhile Murders,Rapist and Childmolsters go free. Sorry about the Rant.

I think your a little of base here. I agree the laws may be "petty", but YOU (as a citizen of this country) voted in the politician who made that law and countless others. DO NOT fault the officer for enforcing it no matter how petty you may think it is. I can say that I am SURE that ANY police officer of ANY uniform color wants to arrest murderers child molesters and drug dealers but the courts make that extremely difficult. Once they do the courts (and you guessed it - judges voted into office) release them because there is no room in the prisons due to the (you guessed it again - voted in politicians) want to fund the hell out of some "Art project" in your city to buy a 2 million dollar statue instead of putting the money into prisons.

Your "Petty" comments about police enforcing laws that you don’t “deem important” are total BS. When it's a law it's a law. We find the ones that feel important to us for whatever reason it may be and enforce them. We don't have enough time to enforce EVERY LAW ALL THE TIME. Some of that is directly related to the supervisors of the officers who demand that certain things be done (ie "write 10 tickets a week") so they chose to write non-moving no points tickets (such as tag citations) that DO NOT carry points or effect your insurance rates!

Your sarcasm is misdirected (no matter who you say your family works for, MP or Sheriff's Office) and I don't appreciate it. I don't like to surf "the other site" because some people get on there and bash LEO anonymously from behind some keyboard in BFE and stir the pot. I don't expect that here, and if it turns into that I will stop surfing this site too.
Hot Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote