View Single Post
Unread 06-20-2007, 02:01 AM   #5
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Well, HPTuners IS a complicated piece of software, no doubt. And I have barely scratched the surface with it. But the logging/scanning scanning function has found several problems that would have been extremely tough to find otherwise, so just for that basic functionality, it is worth having.

The problem is that since AntiVenom did the tune on my C5Z after having the twin turbos installed, what the heck would I want to go monkeying around with that tune for? It's not like I am going to discover some hidden power there that got overlooked.

Bear in mind that HPTuners, as well as just about any tuning program, will most likely allow you the option of destroying your engine if you don't know what you are doing and get overly frisky with changing things. If possible, being able to look over a master's shoulder while they are tuning and explaining to you the WHYs of what they are doing would be invaluable knowledge if you want to play with this stuff. Doing trial and error tuning is really not advisable unless you are willing to accept the risk of a "UH OH!" event taking place. And definitely, thinking "if a little is GOOD, a lot is BETTER", will get you in real trouble.

The Predator isn't bad at all for what it is. It allows you to make some basic changes and you really have to push things to get yourself into hot water. If you have only basic bolt on mods, it may even be all you need. The problem is that the price is rather steep for being a one vehicle solution..