• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Looking for a paint and body shop...

Jedimaster

I am looking to get my 2002 coupe painted and a little custom body work done (I want to shave the front license plate). Can anyone suggest a good body shop in Central Florida that does good work in urethane?

Thanks...

If you want to travel to Pinellas County, i have seen some good work come out of Superior Auto body on corvettes of all gen's and other exotics.

Superior is awesome, and RPE here in Bradenton has a paint/body guy that has done cusoms forever, but close to you is one of the best with vettes around, Robbie at Corvette Masters: http://www.vetteweb.com/features/vemp_1003_1964_chevrolet_corvette/index.html

:thumbsup:

hmmm... that's funny... I have taken my vette to Corvette Masters a few times for various things... but I never realized that they do paint and body work. I guess I need to be less oblivious to my surroundings. :)

A place I'm going to have one of my Zs done up is a place called Wendell's Auto Care, in Lakeland. I've seen a few of the cars he has done (the guy does a lot of insurance work/collision repair) and I haven't been able to find any seams on the bodywork or paint, cars look like they weren't ever wrecked.

He quoted me $1500 for paint and rust repair (putting in new rockers, quarter panels). Might be worth giving him a call, get a ballpark price.

I don't think he has a web site so per his card:
JR
1350 Olive St.
Lakeland, FL 33815
863-899-9602

A place I'm going to have one of my Zs done up is a place called Wendell's Auto Care, in Lakeland. I've seen a few of the cars he has done (the guy does a lot of insurance work/collision repair) and I haven't been able to find any seams on the bodywork or paint, cars look like they weren't ever wrecked.

He quoted me $1500 for paint and rust repair (putting in new rockers, quarter panels). Might be worth giving him a call, get a ballpark price.

JR
1350 Olive St.
Lakeland, FL 33815
863-899-9602

That's not a bad price, that's the entire car painted? I am wanting to get my Falcon resprayed and really can't afford more then $2,500 for a quality spray.

Post pics when you get the car sprayed.

Yes, that was for the entire car repainted. And as for posting up pics, I plan to. Unfortunately, it's going to be a while since my job situation or lack thereof is preventing me from being able to save up money as fast as I'd like.

JR
1350 Olive St.
Lakeland, FL 33815
863-899-9602

I may have to call this guy about my Landcruiser.

Need to have some rust cut and patched (welded no bondo) and a repaint.

Would be worth the drive.

Wonder how long it'd take him? I could just drive it over, drop it off, and crash with Ken and Carrie for a week or so:lmao::lmao::rofl1::rofl1:

Seriously though, might give him a call.

Thanks for the info.

Gordon

I may have to call this guy about my Landcruiser.

Need to have some rust cut and patched (welded no bondo) and a repaint.

Would be worth the drive.

Wonder how long it'd take him? I could just drive it over, drop it off, and crash with Ken and Carrie for a week or so:lmao::lmao::rofl1::rofl1:

Seriously though, might give him a call.

Thanks for the info.

Gordon

I know seems tempting, after I refresh the engine/transmission in the Falcon. I will very well look into getting the Falcon repainted in the winter. I don't expect show quality, but would like a nice paint job.

Just as an update, the address I listed isn't good anymore as he has changed shops. Phone number is still good, so you can call him for further details. I was up at the shop today, and guess what I found

100_6271.jpg

100_6270.jpg

It's an 87 getting a C5ish conversion. Works looking pretty good so far.

Back