• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

C6 Rear fender install/paint ??

LS2POWA

Team Afterhours Member
This morning I stopped by a local GM stealership to drop the gf off to pick up her burb from the body shop. While the guy was out explaining what they did I asked him about installing some Z06 rear fenders and liners, along with painting them to match.

Ive seen guys on the big vette forum whove done the conversion and just about everyone quotes 350-450 bucks at most body shops. The guy went inside and came back out and gave me a quote for 1200 bucks and I would be a week without my car.

Keep in mind I have a black car, easy color. My gf's burb is a 06 Z71 with the nice bluish/green chameleon color (rare from what Im told). It took them two days to repaint her hood, front half of her roof around the sunroof, both fenders and flares and some of the grill area.

Does 1200 sound right for that? Seems rather expensive. The guy kept going on about the special two part epoxy they use to seal the plastic to the car before using the screws. I was like whats better then JB Weld, which cost like 10-20 bucks to bead around both panels and install, they were wanting 70-75 a panel.

So at the end of this ramble does anyone know a good paint shop/body shop that can do this transfer for a reasonable price? I just cant see paying for a service that cost more then the actual parts...

Call RPE, Wayne is an excellent body guy there full time with seperate shop & paint booth. He worked for Graska for years.

Its not the same guy who did my accident repair is it? Wasnt to happy with the paint, or the body work whoever did it. Everything is misaligned still. And another shop secured the bumper that was falling off.

Corey,
This is whom matched scratches in my vettes nose.

The Undertaker Restorations and Customs
Dwayne Brown
864-208-7345 Yes a NC # but he's out of Bradenton

Back