• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

After Waiting 5 Decades!

Hameister

Hi all,

I have waited over 50 years to purchase my first 'vette.

I have a 2013 GS on order with every option I wanted. It should look exactly like the photos I configured below.

I've joined several Corvette forums, to educate myself some more, while I await delivery of my car.

Just thought I'd say hello here.

Attachments

• 2013 Final Order1.jpg
    2013 Final Order1.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 160
  • 2013 Final Order2.jpg
    2013 Final Order2.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 148
  • 2013 Final Order3.jpg
    2013 Final Order3.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 150
That is one beautiful car. Drive it, care for it and wave at all your Vette buds but most of all have fun with it.:thumbsup:

Are you going to pick it up in Bowling Green?

Nope, gonna wait it out here in South Florida. I'm in the process of trying to sell my Condo, and preparing to move into a new house. Were it not for all that, I would have gone to Kentucky for sure!

:thumbsup:

I'll bet the anticipation is just KILLING you! When is it supposed to be delivered?

:thumbsup:

I'll bet the anticipation is just KILLING you! When is it supposed to be delivered?

Your guess is as good as mine. I'm guessing the last few days in January, or maybe February 1st.

The "Production Date" is January 14, 2013, so what's your guess?

It's going to look great!

Thanks Bob, nice to see you here!

I really like the default color scheme used here,... very easy on the eyes.

I see you've been a member for about 9 months.

Ya know, I must have spent a week trying to decide between Black, Yellow, and Silver. Agonized over it. Love all three colors. I finally chose Silver because it doesn't show dirt like most other colors. Over time, Silver seems to hide those tiny marrs, and scratches, and marks, better that other colors. What I didn't like was the fact that Silver is rather common looking. Not striking like Yellow, or Black, but easier to maintain. Guess I took the easy way out, ha!

I hope to spend a little time tomorrow, reading through some threads, and familiarizing myself with this site.

I have to do something to kill time. Waiting for this machine is driving me crazy!:banghead:

I know what you mean on picking colors! I was torn between jet stream blue & velocity yellow. Went with yellow, figured if someone ran into me and said they didn't see me we would know they are a liar!

I know what you mean on picking colors! I was torn between jet stream blue & velocity yellow. Went with yellow, figured if someone ran into me and said they didn't see me we would know they are a liar!

Geeze, I never thought of that...yellow is the anti-liability color!

Btw, I sent an e-mail to our local friendly Chevy dealer, asking my sales guy for an explanation of any perks that may/may not, come with club membership. I'll let you know what he tells me, but I don't expect to hear anything for a few days.

Oh, UPS just delivered my new Lloyd mats, and California Car Cover, as well as a few other odds and ends. Now all I need is the car! :dancer01:

Welcome to the Corvette family. That is one good looking Vette you have picked out; I'm envious! I bought my first Vette 45 years ago! A brand new '67 convertible off the showroom floor. I've never been without one since! I currently have two, an '86 convertible and an '03 convertible. You should look up a local Corvette Club as they have a lot to offer in the way of hints, events to enjoy your Vette and lots of new friends!!! For a list of clubs go to www.corvettesnccc.org and have a look.

Save the wave... :welcome:

Welcome to the Corvette family. That is one good looking Vette you have picked out; I'm envious! I bought my first Vette 45 years ago! A brand new '67 convertible off the showroom floor. I've never been without one since! I currently have two, an '86 convertible and an '03 convertible. You should look up a local Corvette Club as they have a lot to offer in the way of hints, events to enjoy your Vette and lots of new friends!!! For a list of clubs go to www.corvettesnccc.org and have a look.

Save the wave... :welcome:

Thanks for the link, and advice! Nice cars, and a beautiful house as well.

You're a lucky guy, and thanks for the compliment on my soon to be built C6 GS.

It was difficult for me to decide on what I wanted,....a "show car", look with chrome wheels, etc., or a "race car" look with the fender hash marks, and black wheels. I finally decided on the race car look, and hope I didn't make a mistake.

While I really like the look of the car I chose, apparently most folks don't, because I haven't seen anything like it, either on-line, or on the road.

While I really like the look of the car I chose, apparently most folks don't, because I haven't seen anything like it, either on-line, or on the road.

Man, never judge what YOU like based on what others have. All that should matter in the world concerning the car you drive is what makes YOU happy. If someone else wants to buy you the car they like instead, well then it would be a different story. :thumbsup:

Man, never judge what YOU like based on what others have. All that should matter in the world concerning the car you drive is what makes YOU happy. If someone else wants to buy you the car they like instead, well then it would be a different story. :thumbsup:

Oh, absolutely, that goes without saying. I was simply verbalizing my observations, which is fact, I haven't seen anything like the car I ordered, but I am very pleased with all my decisions, and can't wait to see it already!!!

Gonna be a V-E-R-Y LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG couple of weeks!
I would be going crazy! I would be asking for a plane ticket to Bowling Green
just to be close to it being built! Good luck with it when you DO get it, and
have a blast driving it!

Andy :wavey:

Gonna be a V-E-R-Y LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG couple of weeks!
I would be going crazy! I would be asking for a plane ticket to Bowling Green
just to be close to it being built! Good luck with it when you DO get it, and
have a blast driving it!

Andy :wavey:

I wish it were only a couple of weeks! It will be more like 6 weeks.

I have already ordered and received Lloyd front & cargo mats with emblems, a California Car Cover, California Duster, a couple of 436HP LS3 engine badges, and just today I ordered the remote control NPP exhaust mod kit.

I have everything but the car. I can't take it anymore. :crazy9:

David

Back