• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

put car on dyno today

mrr23

The Alignment Guy
K/n fipk
Bbk headers
1.7 yella terra rockers
Hi flow cats
B&B x-pipe
stock mufflers with bypass
2.73 gears
Auto
Stock tune

carondynofront.JPG

carondynoside.JPG

Nice and flat torque curve....... :thumbsup:

But looks like some sort of stumble at around 5250 rpm.

Were any misfires logged?

Did AFR look OK? I've seen some VE tables that had pretty messed up cells in places.

I know geoff did have the hptuners hooked up but I didn't look at the log personally.

First rule of thumb is (or some tuners need to learn: SHOULD BE), stop tuning as soon as any mechanical or electronics problem is noted and don't resume until after it is fixed. I've seen far too many YouTube videos of engines blowing on a dyno to feel comfortable seeing someone not following that rule.

OK, sorry, I am confused. You are running a stock tune with those mods that were done to your car?

I would imagine with your changing the intake and putting headers on, your A/F ratio has changed a bit. Probably running a bit leaner than before because those mods make the engine more efficient at moving air through it.

I presume they didn't hook up a wideband during the runs on the dyno then?

watch the videos. they are of the dynojet monitors, not the car itself. a/f ratio started at 13.5 and progress to 13.0-12.8

watch the videos. they are of the dynojet monitors, not the car itself. a/f ratio started at 13.5 and progress to 13.0-12.8

I did try to look at one of the videos, but I'll be honest, I can't see much in the videos concerning details.

But if those are the readings seen, that's not bad at all. Actually more on the rich side than the lean side without being overly so.

So there is some room for tweaking there when you get it tuned.

Back