• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

C5 Tiger Shark front bumper

Yeah, I sent them an email.

Can you tell how they mount on the bumper? I can't tell from your photos in the other thread.

Most likely the same way as the stock ones. Fit over the groove in the bumper.

That doesn't help me much. I've never even taken a look at how the stock ones fit. Just looking again at the pics of the back of this Tiger Shark bumper, I don't see any obvious way for those ducts to attach to the screen that is over those openings. :shrug01: I don't believe the stock ducts and bumper have a screen over the opening, so perhaps the screens are optional if the ducts aren't installed?

But seriously, are they really needed on a strictly street driven car?

the opening on the brakes ducts are larger than the opening on the bumper part. there is a lip on the bumper for it to slip around. it's a pressure fit between the bumper and the inner fenderwell. you can go out to yours now and push them back and they will fall out of place.

on the ts bumper, the screens screw onto the bumper and the duct will sit over them. are then needed on a street car, no.

I've been looking at the pics of my bumper at the top of this thread, and I'm still not sure how that would work. Heck, I'm not even sure that the screens that are on the thing are what Starcraft provided originally.

I think I'll just wait and see if Starcraft replies to my email query about price on the ducts. If they are cheap enough, I'll buy them to fiddle around with them to see if I can get them to fit. But if they want more than they are likely going to be worth to me, I'll just live without them.

Thanks....

Think of the screens fitting inside the duct. Or how curtain rods fit one inside the other.

Think of the screens fitting inside the duct. Or how curtain rods fit one inside the other.

Yeah, I looked at the pics with that scenario in mind, but it looks to me that the screens covering nearby opening are too close together. Of course, I guess the wire ties I put to hold the plastic moulding onto the screens might be an issue too.

But like I said, depends on the price of the ducts as to whether I will even consider getting them just to see what is needed to make them fit.

i noticed that one yours as well. some trimming of the screen might be needed. but for what you do with the car, i wouldn't worry. only thing i can think of is air getting trapped in the bumper area while driving. but again, that may only cause an issue at high speeds.

With all of the other openings in the front of the bumper, which is the reason that I bought the Tiger Shark in the first place, I doubt the two additional openings for the brake ducts would make all that much difference.

But honestly, if I could find a new hood that would give me enough clearance up front to put a 4 inch round pipe across the radiator support and provide air flow out of the back of the engine compartment, I would likely buy one. Although the airbridge I have seems to be holding up fine under boost, I'm still not real crazy about a flimsy looking and feeling plastic thingie like that holding boost pressures. When it gets hot, the plastic does become pliable, so I keep getting this mental image of it ballooning whenever I put any boost through it.

Yes, when you are getting an aftermarket bumper sometimes you get something totally different than you expect. Once I bought a Duraflex bumper, and even a body shop couldn't make it fit (it was not long enough, missing 1.5 inches). And I badly needed a bumper as mine was destroyed. So I simply went ahead and got an OE-style bumpe (https://www.carid.com/bumper-covers/)r, had it painted here and am totally happy with it. :bump:

i would never buy a duraflex. too many horror stories, which is why i went with the tiger shark. eurothane just like oem and direct fit.

Back