The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > RSS Classifieds

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

RSS Classifieds This is a special forum that utilizes RSS feeds to plug in classified ads for Corvettes.

Unread 01-06-2016, 09:13 PM   #1
RSS Feed
RSS Feed Robot

Name :
RSS Feed has disabled reputation
Default Corvette project wanted

OK this is going to be a weird ad.
I am an old Corvette guy who has owned 25 Corvettes in my life. Still have 2 and a half Corvettes now. I drag raced them in the early and late 60's. I've owned several that IF I had kept them would have been a wealthy endeavor. But back then we all didn't!!!! We traded up always. Especially if we really were Corvette guys! No excuses. In order to understand me you'd have to have been there then.
There was a time when we would meet another Corvette going the other way. It did not mater if we were in different social clout:cool: or payroll levels we'd all wave at each other. FACT.
I have owned from 1954 onwards in Corvettes (THEN) not now. I do not like the newer Corvettes after the C5's. I know that they ARE a better car! I do not like WIDE cars.
I never got to own a 1962 Corvette with the optional hard top. I NEVER EVER left my Corvettes stock!!!!!!! Nor do I like them that way.
I am looking to scratch one of my life long itches. To build up another 54 to 57 Corvette like I had or to find the 62 I never got to experience. I did not like those models at speed on the highway at times when my right foot wanted to stretch out and take me along for a ride!!!!! At about 100 mph to 130 they got very light on these Missouri hilly roads and a gust of wind would start your car drifting across lanes. Especially over the top of 2 lane blacktop hill crests. If you weren't there then then you have no way of realizing this fact. Many Corvettes ended their lives this way including many owners. FACT.
I am not an avid ad writer and seem to be rambling on. (NOT)
But if you understand this then you know where I'm coming from.:cheers:
I cannot afford those cars today for what the new owners want for what they have dreams of selling them for. So I should stop there. (NOT)
You now know what I am looking for. Kind-of.
I told you this was going to be weird.
I DO have a honest to goodness REAL Lamborghini Jalpa with ONLY 7000 REAL miles on it!!!!!! It is red with tan leather. Targa top. V8 5 speed. Original car.
The car was wrecked in 1993 by hitting a palm tree in Florida. Right between the 2 headlights. It still needs a windshield. The car is fixed by installing another front clip. It has been sitting in my garage on jack stands for over 20 years now. Original rubber (inside and not on the ground) and original wheels. I have the optional wing for the Jalpa (they ARE different) and it has the optional Anzi exhaust system.
It is NOT for sale!!!
Told ya it was gonna b weird didn't I?
There were only 410 of these cars made. These cars were bringing only 30 to 40,000 USD a couple of years ago. Check todays prices on these cars. The C1 Corvettes were too then!
I am looking for (reread the ad) a Corvette that I can put back into my drag racing days gasser styled Sportsman class race car. I will not be racing this car!!!!! I am going to street drive it cruisin' is all. I need complete interior, chrome, bumpers, all glass, and it has to have a hardtop.
I have several of my past CORRECT engines from some of my Corvettes to use and MANY 4 speed trannies in house. I own Autoworld Corporation but I am NOT rich. I restore cars is all. But as you now know I was/am a real Corvette guy.
Now lets see IF this ad will generate some responses. ?????
Thanks for READING my long thread blog.
Yes, the Jalpa is tradeable!!!!!
Just NOT for junk.
An old drag car would be in consideration if it is not all cut up or stripped so as to not be rebuildable for the street and LOOK like an early Corvette. I need most of the parts to put it together included with the car. I do not care about matching no's on the motor. etc. I do want the proper gauges, Interior chrome, buns and seat springs, side chrome, Windshield unit complete, frame in good condition, etc.

This probably the ONLY time you will ever see this chance again to own a Lamborghini with 9.6K kilometers on the clock. , available within reach. I will finish this car and paint the front fenders to match the whole body colors if we cant seem to find each other and deal. I do not worry about your car having old rubber, bad differential, 3 speed or whatever? I will not be using these anyway. I do worry about missing parts just as you would on the Lamborghini at todays prices. There aren't any on my end.
Hope to hear from someone soon.:salute:

Source...
RSS Feed is offline   Reply With Quote