• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Trying to do a vid with the camera...

Tell me the steps you are doing and maybe I can help......... :shrug01:

Rich Z said:
Tell me the steps you are doing and maybe I can help......... :shrug01:
I'll upload the vid from the camera to my hard drive, then either try to post on a thread or start a new one clicking on "manage attachments". It'll do its thing for awhile and it comes back saying something like...file too big.

I've also tried uploading them into my Photo bucket then sending them to the site that way only to get the same response.
I really have no Idea what size they are or what their resolutions are, and I don't know how to correct the size or resolution when it comes to vids.

~Ray:bigear:

Have you tried to upload it to the photo gallery here?

Also, when creating a new thread or post, there is an icon up above the text entering area that is specifically created so that you can view vidoes hosted on a server. That icon looks like this ->
video_icon.gif
. Simply click that icon, and post the URL to the video between the EMBED prompts. It will not work for ALL video formats, but should work with the most common ones (WMV, AVI, MPG), I believe, but I haven't tested it with everything.....

{EMBED}http://s114.photobucket.com/albums/n256/itsavettethang/?action=view&current=yaddayadda025-1.flv{/EMBED}

Well this is the correct format to use that EMBED command (just change the curly brackets to the square ones).

But I believe the probem is that you are accessing a link within photobucket and not the actual video file. I don't recognize that .flv suffix. What is the format of that file on your hard drive?

Can you try saving it into wmp, then accessing it from there? That might help. Windows movie maker or something along those lines.

Joe B.

Richz,

I see that I can post the video by using the photobuckets url for the video. The problem is...my entire photo bucket is accessable once someone clicks the video to play it.:confused:

ynkedad said:
I see that I can post the video by using the photobuckets url for the video. The problem is...my entire photo bucket is accessable once someone clicks the video to play it.:confused:
Is the entire photo bucket accessible because it recognizes you when you click on your own video? Could be different for someone else clicking on it.
You could post it. I will click and see what I get. If I get total access, then just delete the post.

Stevek

please delete your post. Click on the edit button, click "advanced" then click on the "delete message" that's in the big box and then click delete message.
My stuff is still accessable thru YOUR post since you copied mine.

Thanks,

~Ray

Back