• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

93 Octane for mower?

Have been using 93 Octane in my mower since i got my 2nd C6. Been having trouble on start up with thick white smoke and spweing out some black looking stuff. I always fill the gas can when i fill up the C6 . But maybe only 87 should be used in the mower?

Heck, I would have thought that at worst it would be a waste of money using premium gasoline for a lawnmower. Can't imagine why higher octane gasoline would cause any problems.

When our current gasoline powered lawn mower dies, I am seriously considering a battery powered one as a replacement. Dealing with gasoline is just such a pain in the butt.

Heck, I would have thought that at worst it would be a waste of money using premium gasoline for a lawnmower. Can't imagine why higher octane gasoline would cause any problems.

When our current gasoline powered lawn mower dies, I am seriously considering a battery powered one as a replacement. Dealing with gasoline is just such a pain in the butt.

I also add that gas treatment stuff and may added too much.

I agree with Rich. In a way, a battery-powered one is a bit more economical than those that are powered by gasoline.

I agree with Rich. In a way, a battery-powered one is a bit more economical than those that are powered by gasoline.

I have a small yard and only use 93 since it is more easy to just take the gas can when i fill up the Vette. I drained all the old gas and filled with fresh 87 and seems to start better now.

Back