• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

C5 Took the vette for a ride, finally

Rich Z

Internet Sanitation Engineer
Staff member
Finally got around to taking the C5Z out for a little drive yesterday. It was sometime in May that I last took it for a drive, so it has been a while. I had forgotten what a pleasure it is to drive now that it is running right. Not a hint of any problems, no strange drivetrain noises, and the clutch feels quite good.

I REALLY have to do that more often..... :yesnod:

Damn... I can't believe it has been over a month since I wrote the above, and haven't had the vette out since.

But honestly have been rather preoccupied lately.

Bought a new lathe, and then bought new tool chests and basically rearranged part of the garage as a result.

Attachments

• husky_tool_cabinets_01.jpg
    husky_tool_cabinets_01.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 450
Started working on my taxes and discovered that I drove the C5 Z06 a grand total of 258 miles in 2020. That's just ridiculous...........

Another year and I just might have that new clutch broken in.

Connie suggested this morning that I take the vette out for a ride, since the weather was nice and there wasn't any real good reason not to.

Besides, with the date today being 4/27, heck, can't get any more appropriate than that!

Car is running excellently. The new clutch feels great, and there are no strange noises coming from anywhere. I am actually feeling relaxed while driving it, and the feeling of impending doom I had for so long seems to have finally dissipated.

:thumbsup:

I took the car out for a ride today, and I swear I had to look on the engraving on the shifter handle to figure out where sixth gear is.

:face_palm_02:

One of these days I am going to go out for a ride and forget where I live.

Just kidding. I hope.

Back