The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > Classifieds - Corvettes, Parts & Accessories

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Classifieds - Corvettes, Parts & Accessories Sales | Wanteds | Sources | Advice For Buying or Selling

Unread 10-31-2007, 09:13 AM   #1
vettejack

Name : Jack Legere
vettejack is on a distinguished road
Default FS: 1982 Collectors Edition $14,750

With the convincing of my SO, it seems prudent we put our time and effort into restoring the Silver Coupe, being the other 1982 Vette we own. With deep regret and a bit of sadness, I (we) now offer up our 1982 Collectors Edition for sale. $14,750. Approaching 48,000 original miles.

In the time we've owned it, I began the repair and replacement process. Figuring this was THE car, my first priority was getting the mechanics taken care of or repaired or replaced as needed. I also went into preventive maintenance along the way. What follows is a list of what care has gone into the car to this point.

Removed and replaced all shocks: $239.00

Removed and replaced alternator: $95.00

Removed and/or replaced: thermostat, gasket, spark plug wires, TPS sensor, O2 sensor, automatic shifter, steering cylinder, reseal of headlight actuators, adjusted detent cable, removed and replaced steering column, repair drivers' power seat control switch: $990.00

Complete flush and refill of brake system: $109.00

Removed and/or replaced: both mufflers, steering wheel, electric mirror switch, rear hatch cable system, adjustment ot drivers' side mirror, repairs of left hand door lock and outside handle: $1074.00

Two new center wheel caps: $250.00

So, for a little over $2500.00 invested in making this car trustworthy and mechanically sound as much as I can, I think the asking price is extremely fair and within range of Vette-n-Vestment guides and normal internet research of the 82 CE. Of course, you're the final word on that.

As you can tell, I was on my way into making this car mechanically sound. I even switched the motor oil to Durablend...making the synthetic and real oil blend a benefit to a car of this age.

The interior is about a 75% interior. Its not show case my any means, but you will not embarass you to drive it by any means. Same goes for the exterior paint. It will need paint eventually. I was, and still, proud to drive this vehicle anywhere, and yes, even shows. I get compliments on the car all the time...even in its restorative look. I bought this car for the quantity of its low mileage..condition and quality of its interior and exterior was secondary to me at that time...still is. For me, its mechanics first...without that the rest does not matter.

You are wlecomed to visit this vehicle any time in Titusville, Florida. My home phone is 321-267-6975 in the evenings. During the day, at work, 321-861-0679. Leave a message as I may be on one of the Orbiters.
Attached Images

Last edited by vettejack; 10-31-2007 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Typonese
vettejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2007, 09:20 AM   #2
vettejack

Default Adding pictures to the above 82 CE

More pics of the 82 CE
Attached Images

Unread 10-31-2007, 09:31 AM   #3
vettejack

Default 82 CE

Additional pics to the 82 CE. Tires are practically brand new. Bonus additions is a spare nose and fuel lid emblem and spare interior (to color) door handles!
Attached Images

Last edited by vettejack; 10-31-2007 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Additional info
Unread 10-31-2007, 10:45 AM   #4
Ms. AntiVenom
Vicious Evil Person

Name :
Ms. AntiVenom will become famous soon enough

Sure is a nice car

One of these days I will have one

Website
------------------------------------------------------
Ms. AntiVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2007, 12:07 PM   #5
vettejack

A couple of questions came my way about the 82CE. Here's what I think the proper answer that should generically answer both.

Couple of quick notes: the car sits with just shy of 48k in mileage. According to the NADA guide, this car is priced just above the low retail of $14,485. I could, and should, consider this car a '20 footer' with an average retail of $23,875, but even I know better that there are CE's out there of quality. All I'm trying to do is to present a good overall value for the car and get in return my initial investment. My g/f and I decided that the other '82 coupe we have deserves the investment and restoration due THAT car, therefore, it is with great regret that we offer this CE for sale. You will be buying a fine automobile.
Unread 11-08-2007, 12:09 PM   #6
vettejack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. AntiVenom View Post
Sure is a nice car

One of these days I will have one
Thanx for the compliment gorgeous! Are we to see you at the Ultimate Corvette Party the 17th of November?
Unread 11-08-2007, 12:49 PM   #7
Kap142

Name :
Kap142 is on a distinguished road

Didn't I see this beauty at Silver Springs just a few weeks ago? Pretty car
Unread 11-08-2007, 01:28 PM   #8
vettejack

Nope...musta been another! This car has never see Silver Springs

The farthest this car and its studmuffin driver has traveled is over to Old Town (Orlando) for the weekend classic car shows once in awhile.
Unread 03-16-2008, 10:36 PM   #9
bigbone
Bob

Name :
bigbone has disabled reputation
Default New CKCC member

Nice meeting you at the club meeting Thursday Jack, thanks for the welcome cocktail. Found a 79 that posted in South Florida Saturday, called Sunday morning....GONE!!!!!! Damn!!!!....Silver/Oyster L48 auto, A/C, mirrored tops, new tires, same owner for 27 years, 62K miles, nice clean ride for $9500. I thought I finally found one, owner told me a state trooper showed up Saturday morning (first day listed) and bought it without a quibble. I'll keep looking, hopefully I'll have one by my birthday in April.

Bob
bigbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2008, 08:52 AM   #10
vettejack

Default Hang in there Bob...

"your" car is out there...just waiting for it to present itself to you is the key. You'll know when its the right one!