• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

How much of a pain?

i love the way a clean black car looks, but after having mine for a few years i have to say that it is very hard to keep clean. i drive mine quite a bit, lots of road trips and every day to work. i have a few small rock dings that are very noticable up close and any and all small scratches in the finish will show up in bright sunlight :banghead: . the clay bar will be your best friend if you get a black car. if i had a choice i would go with silver next time. if i put less miles on my car and it were less exposed to the weather i would go back with black again. it is just up to you if you want to spend the extra time and effort to keep the finish up on a black car. i have to say nothing looks as good as a freshly waxed black c-5 or c6 with black rims. ( just my opinion though :crazy03: )

I've owned black and blue cars (black WS6 T/A and EB Z) and I much prefer taking care of the Z. It's just easier to keep looking clean, although nothing can beat black when it's washed and polished properly.:yesnod:

My '92 vette was black/gray, this one is black/black and the next one will be black/black.....what can I say...it's a labor of love but the pay off is worth it:thumbsup:

TwistedFun said:
i love the way a clean black car looks, but after having mine for a few years i have to say that it is very hard to keep clean. i drive mine quite a bit, lots of road trips and every day to work. i have a few small rock dings that are very noticable up close and any and all small scratches in the finish will show up in bright sunlight :banghead: . the clay bar will be your best friend if you get a black car. if i had a choice i would go with silver next time. if i put less miles on my car and it were less exposed to the weather i would go back with black again. it is just up to you if you want to spend the extra time and effort to keep the finish up on a black car. i have to say nothing looks as good as a freshly waxed black c-5 or c6 with black rims. ( just my opinion though :crazy03: )
Then you're going to like when I put black iforged wheels on mine pretty soon. :D :dancer01:

Black Black Black

I have had many Black cars. Yes it is a daily job to keep them looking good, but black is hard to beat when it is kept up. Dark blue is not that much less maintainance! My daily driver C5 gets washed most Sunday mornings and waxed at least once a month, but once you have a good base coat of wax all you have to do during the week is use a California Car Duster a couple of times a day to keep it looking good, unless it rains. I cover my car when it is out side, but my daily maintainance is less than 10 minutes a day, and it almost always looks freshly detailed, at least from 5 feet away...and every Sunday morning it looks detailed close up!

Pain in the neck? Yes, but worth it.
David.

I had a triple black Monte Carlo before I had my triple black Caddy. Before the end of the year, my 81 will be black. A pain? YES! Worth it? YES! Even if its just for a few hours, when its clean, it pops. :thumbsup:

Another note, no more custom colors for me. Just try to match a ten year old custom color after a fender bender. Black is black.

http://www.mycarframes.com

Back