• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

1st Detail 2008 Z06

Gary S

1st Detail on 2008 Z06. After getting the car home from the dealership and inspecting it under under some bright halogens the car had a lot of light scratches.

Polished with Menzerna Micro Polish and a Metabo Rotary. I sealed the paint with Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant and top that off with Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax.

Z06_7.jpg

Z06_11.jpg

Z06_2.jpg

Z06_5.jpg

Z06_3.jpg

Z06_Interior_2.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! I've said it before but it bears repeating. There is nothing prettier than a black car when it's detailed properly. If black were a liquid, that's what it'd look like. Nice job.:thumbsup:

That is my dream car...

That is my dream car!! There is nothing prettier than a nicely detailed black
ZO6!! :thumbsup:

Yea, it surprises me how the paint is flawed from the factory, then how dealerships treat the cars. Even a new car needs a full detailing like this to bring out the true shine!

Car looks great!:yesnod:

GREAT looking car! I think my next one will have to be black....

BTW, I believe that dealerships don't really know how to properly detail cars. ALL of them I have looked at had plainly evident swirl marks on the finish. They probably have someone out there every day wiping off the dust that just winds up scratching the paint each time that is done.

Thanks alot for the nice comments everyone.

Dealerships and detailing cars don't go together. It's amazing how many new cars already have swirls caused by improper dealership detailing. When I take one of my cars to the dealer I make sure that they don't wash it.

Bbbbeautifull car

Beautifull car do you have any motor pics? and is that a 427 motor in the Z06 thanks,gary

Back