• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Searching for C5 Z06

yes it´s in sc but he would come down to FL with vette and he can fligh back for free - he has some free flights (i didn´t ask from where he got them...).
Perhaps the car is worth to take a look at it----and if he doesn´t sell it within the next days i would be glad if it´s the first car i see there :thumbsup:

A few years ago I sold my vette to a guy in Michigan. He drove the car all the way there without plates and just had the title and was told that was OK for a "short period". Hope this helps.:welcome:

Go to Roger's or H&H Corvette across the street. Roger's cars are bone stock and perfect, no worries. H&H also has an excellent reputation. Roger can even handle all the export details for you if you wish, as he has shipped many Corvettes all over the world. Ok, you pay a couple thousand more, but you get a perfect car with no excuses, no worries, and no hassles. Then you just drive and enjoy. The couple thousand will soon be forgotten. Contrarily, if you settle for a car with high miles, issues, or "stories" you will never forget it.

http://www.rogerscorvette.com/
http://www.hnhcorvette.com/

Even if you don't buy from him you HAVE to see Roger's showroom and personal collection while you are in Florida. Absolutely unique.

I´m back in Germany now - bad weather welcomed me at first here:thumbsdown:

We enjoyed that trip so much, even it was not enough time for everything.
We tried to put as much as possible in it.

Rogers Center was a must, a room full of Corvettes---but I still bought mine 3 days before (yellow 2002 Z06 with 20k, borla stinger, x-pipe, high flow cats, lg pro headers, ram air intake...).

As a result of my first visit in the US I decided to come back with much more time! As soon as possible! The flights are unexpensive, the motels affordable and the high euro invites for buying & driving around there.

Sorry that I couldn´t travel to Tampa or other places and we had only the last day for Miami...there was no more time :(
We had 4 days left after the purchase & shipping of the car - this was even enough to get down from sc and take some overnight stops at nice places (daytona, savannah).

Congrats

Happy you found your Corvette.
Welcome to the Z06 Club
and
Yellow Too (Perfect Color)

TIME FOR A NEW AVATAR

:hehehe: JIM :hehehe:

Last edited:
I should have bet on this reaction...damn :D

When the yellow beauty finally will arrive IN ONE PIECE WITHOUT SCRATCHES @ Bremerhaven, I´ll take that avatar.

But before I´m praying to the car god that they treat it with care :thumbsup:

Pics will follow!

We enjoyed that trip so much, even it was not enough time for everything.
We tried to put as much as possible in it.....................................................................As a result of my first visit in the US I decided to come back with much more time! As soon as possible! The flights are unexpensive, the motels affordable and the high euro invites for buying & driving around there.

Yea let us know when you plan to return. Many of us will get together with you and show you around. There is a ton of things to do all over the state.

I´m back in Germany now - bad weather welcomed me at first here:thumbsdown:

Hopefully you weren't on this flight. Lufthansa Airbus A320 tried to land in Hamburg and was blown all over the place. The left wing rubbed the ground but the plane took off again then landed safely the second time it tried. It looks like a lightweight glider instead of a heavy passenger plane in this nasty winter storm named "Emma" according to this story.

Here's the news website, and there's links to the video if you want to see it.

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...n=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

Another Story

Hopefully you weren't on this flight. Lufthansa Airbus A320 tried to land in Hamburg and was blown all over the place. The left wing rubbed the ground but the plane took off again then landed safely the second time it tried. It looks like a lightweight glider instead of a heavy passenger plane in this nasty winter storm named "Emma" according to this story.

Here's the news website, and there's links to the video if you want to see it.

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...n=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

My Brother called me from Amsterdam Sunday, he flies a 727 for NorthWest Airlines and said that they had a 400 mile tail wind from New York to Amsterdam and that an 8 hour trip took them 5 hours. The wind blew him all over the runway at Amsterdam when the were landing. I guess that storm was pretty severe. :eek:

Call Al Gore...It probably was Globle Warming again!!!:lmao:

Glad everyone made it home safe.:thumbsup:

:hehehe: Jim :hehehe:

Shipping will cost appro. 1500€, that´s ok for me.
I knew which costs will come and get my money back in Germany.

No, we landed in Frankfurt, there was no real tail wind, just the regular jet stream.
They said it was a storm over here, but I cannot see some damage.

A lot of wind for some storm :rolleyes:

add:
I enjoyed your gas prices.
Which are quite funny--some places had 2.90 for reg, some over 3.40!
Nice differences, but still pretty low for european standard!

I enjoyed your gas prices.
Which are quite funny--some places had 2.90 for reg, some over 3.40!
Nice differences, but still pretty low for european standard!

Yea seeing as how I paid at least that in the same prices over on my visit to Germany,,, well to be specific it was 3.40 euro, (almost double the dollar right now)and for a liter intead of a gallon! EXPENSIVE to say the least. USA will be up to those crazy prices in no time the way we are going.

Glad you made it home safely:thumbsup:
Lufthansa is a great airline with an excellent safety record.

Next time your here, definately let us know ahead of time and we'll throw a bunch of people together for a par-tay!:dancer01:

Sorry, I supported Delta Airlines with my money - american car, american flight company :D

I will definately let you know when I´ll come back - have to pursuade my girlfriend for this idea.
Hard work, ´cause she still thinks that I only went to the US for cars - and this won´t change in the future.
Hmm, ok, she´s a little bit right, but not all all.
So much friendly people, such a nice countryside and these tasty burgers and steaks (ever tried to eat a steak in a restaurant here? you will lose a lot of money....) I cannot forget!

Only the Zed remains to remember the trip :crazy03:

Back