• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

C4 Wheel Well Detailing ?

Garyslanes

First I need to appoligize for my ignorance, but I have a '95 Coupe, and I'd like to detail the wheel wells, rims, and calipers. However, I am concerned about jacking the car up. I couldn't find a good place to put my floor jack to raise the old girl up to put jack stands underneither her. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

I use a 3"x3" block of wood where the frame Y's. Look for the "Jack Here" stamp then go 3" left and in 3 or so inches. Same both front and back.

Never had a problem. Just stay away from the fiberglass floor pans and the gas line on the passenger side.

First I need to appoligize for my ignorance, but I have a '95 Coupe, and I'd like to detail the wheel wells, rims, and calipers. However, I am concerned about jacking the car up. I couldn't find a good place to put my floor jack to raise the old girl up to put jack stands underneither her. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Hi Gary,

Try our Brown Royal superior degreaser. I use it on my C4's to remove brake dust, grease, oil etc. You can use it on the aluminum a-frame, ball joints,brake parts, clearcoated, chrome and painted wheels. My frame is so clean, you can eat off it. Use it on your door jamb hinges and it takes that nasty grease off without hurting the paint. If you dont like scrubbing wheels, then you will love Brown Royal. Just spray it on and hose it off. Oh, I forgot to mention Love bug season is coming. Brown Royal takes off love bugs, tar and paint overspraywithout damaging the clearcoat. Brown Royal is the best wheel cleaner in the world. website www.flashwax.com

Joe-Flash

Last edited:
Back