• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

2008 Z06 SHIFTER

Qman

I feel that the stock shifter has play (easy to go to wrong gear) I know I have to get my skills better but I want to purchase an aftermarket shifter. Can anyone suggest a qaulity shifter that I will be happy with? Thanks :D

I've tried the Hurst but it was too stiff and much like work to run though the gears. I have the MTI Six-Shooter and it is MUCH better than stock and MUCH better than the Hurst. Just don't believe MTI (in Georgia) about them sending you a refund for the core charge when you return your stock shifter (if they still do it that way). I returned mine sent them oodles of emails and have never gotten a response, much less my refund.

Just my opinion....

I know its not a name brand that everyone will recognize for shifters BUT I have installed SEVERAL FIDANZA shifters for people who wanted after market shifters and everyone seemed to like them and have yet to have any complaints on them.
Also with the HURST, B&M I dont know what the MTI shifters made out of but you CAN NOT manipulate or alter the shifter to put the C6 knob in the same location it comes in stock, there is about a 10 degree bend towards the back of the car in the stock shifter.
A FIDANZA shifter is made of steel with an aluminum base which allows me to manipulate the shifter or bend if you will to put the shifter in the stock location.
I know alot of people install the Hurst and B&M and MTI and have no complaints with them but for me it moves the shift knob too close to the console.
You can get a FIDANZA with me installed for $225 and you keep your stock shifter not sure what others charge though.
:thumbsup:

For the record, my MTI shifter is in my C5 Z06, and NOT a C6 Z06. So your mileage may vary with the C6 Z06. Sorry, I forgot to mention that little detail....

Prior to my 2008 Z06, I had a 2004 Z. I changed the shifter on the '04 to a B&M Ripper Shifter. Never missed a gear with the new shifter.

The B&M has a very short throw. However you get nothing for nothing. The shifter does require more effort than the stock one. Well what would you expect would happen by moving the pivot point? It took me all of two days to not notice the extra effort.

The shifter on my 2008 is satisfactory and will not be upgraded. I have no idea why you would have trouble with your new car. If you think there is something wrong, have the dealer look at it.

Eric

I feel that the stock shifter has play (easy to go to wrong gear) I know I have to get my skills better but I want to purchase an aftermarket shifter. Can anyone suggest a qaulity shifter that I will be happy with? Thanks :D

Don't think about it twice get the MGW short shifter trust me, you will thank me later it is the best short shifter out for the C6 ZO6 and you can tell by the quality of the shifter that it will take anything you throw at it, if you want go to their website, t's called www.mgwltd.com and give them a call. It comes out to exactly $204 with shipping!

When I get home I will post pictures for you if you want to see it.

Back