The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > General Corvette Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Corvette Discussions Just general "shootin' the breeze" types of discussions related to Corvettes.

Unread 07-08-2009, 11:54 AM   #11
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Actually I wouldn't want to use less then 93 octane in my C5Z with the turbochargers and compatible tune. There is one local Sunoco around Tallahassee that has a couple of specialty pumps that offer 100+ octane race gas. Haven't tried that, but not sure if it would really make any difference. I would probably really hate it if it did, because with only that single source of that gasoline here (that I know of), that could be a problem for me.

From what I recall, the standard tune has the capability of using two tables. One for high octane fuel, and another for low octane fuel. I suppose the table used is triggered by the knock sensor on the block. But I only recall this in passing, as I haven't really looked into it in any depth.