The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > General Florida Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Florida Discussions Anything related to Florida in general. From "natives" talking about things they know about, to visitors asking about details to make their visit more pleasant.

Unread 05-09-2006, 02:06 AM   #1
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough
Default Florida springtime thunderstorms...

Yeah, I know some of the state is in drought conditions, and normally May is the driest month in these parts (Tallahassee) as well. But not this year, and not for the last couple of years either. I was sitting at my computer and heard some thunder off in the distance. But not staying in the distance as it is getting closer. So I took a look at the weather map radar. See below. See the TLH marker? I'm right below that. Looks like a giant storm claw swooping down on me, doesn't it?

It rained like hell yesterday (05/08) and the road at the end of our driveway was a mess. Perils of living off of an unpaved road I guess. But when all I had was the Jeep Wrangler, it didn't bother me at all. Maybe I should have tried to find a 4 wheel drive Z06, eh?
Rich Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2006, 07:57 AM   #2
MADN3SS

Name :
MADN3SS is on a distinguished road

I do love thunderstorms. I hate driving in them though. We just got a little bit of one this morning. It's good, we really needed the rain.

'01 QS Corsa Touring exhaust with Tiger Shark tips. LG LT headers with X-Pipe, Hurricane intake w/ CF HF Power Duct, L.E.D. tail lights and shorty antenna. Lowered on stock bolts. Black Motorsports. FRC TOM tuned. NCM member 36741
MADN3SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2006, 08:30 AM   #3
c5inparadise

Name :
c5inparadise is on a distinguished road

PLEASE send some rain my way!!!!
c5inparadise is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2006, 08:48 AM   #4
Zach

Name :
Zach is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by c5inparadise
PLEASE send some rain my way!!!!
Not me, I like traction!!!
Unread 05-09-2006, 08:52 AM   #5
IVOZ06
CRAZYME

Name :
IVOZ06 is on a distinguished road

Its been raining non stop since about 6am here.

I just mowed my lawn yesterday.

I can here the grass saying Ahhhhhhhh.

"When I'm good I'm very good but when I'm bad I'm better."
CLICK FOR MY PICS
2001 Z06 TR/Mod Red 400 rwhp
LIFE IS TOO SHORT, HAVE FUN, NO REGRETS
IVOZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2006, 10:06 AM   #6
exile

Name :
exile is on a distinguished road

Same here IVO. We've had about 4 hours of good steady rain. Looks like it will be over about noon. Glad to see it. I was starting to look for water restrictions>>> not good .........Tom
Unread 05-09-2006, 11:45 AM   #7
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Fires worry me the most. Living in the middle of the woods is great, except when the woods are so dry that walking through it sounds like you are walking on potato chips. We have already had some close calls. A few years ago, the fire was SO close that we had smoking embers falling in the yard. When we were designing the house, I specifically wanted a tin roof because that is helpful in a forest fire situation. Most houses will catch on fire because of burning embers igniting the asphalt shingle tiles on many houses.

We got another bucketful of rain last night around 3:30am. Haven't checked the maps yet today, but I think the percentage is something like 50 percent. Supposed to clear up by the weekend, however.
Rich Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2006, 08:37 AM   #8
canesfins

Name :
canesfins has disabled reputation

Well all the rain the last couple days has resulted n my Z getting wrecked. COming off the turnpike northbound on the exit to I595 last night the Ford Explorer next to me lost traction, hydroplaned and spun head on in my lane. I coule not stop and plowed into the car. The front end of my Z and front fright quarter panel is al lbusted up, my car is not driveable. Now I need to deal with insurance adjusters, settlements and figuring our what to do. Do I fix it with a new hood and tigershark front end, if I get a settlement do I sell it as is and get a new Z? We will see, but for right now, no Z.
canesfins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2006, 08:44 AM   #9
IVOZ06
CRAZYME

Name :
IVOZ06 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfins
Well all the rain the last couple days has resulted n my Z getting wrecked. COming off the turnpike northbound on the exit to I595 last night the Ford Explorer next to me lost traction, hydroplaned and spun head on in my lane. I coule not stop and plowed into the car. The front end of my Z and front fright quarter panel is al lbusted up, my car is not driveable. Now I need to deal with insurance adjusters, settlements and figuring our what to do. Do I fix it with a new hood and tigershark front end, if I get a settlement do I sell it as is and get a new Z? We will see, but for right now, no Z.
Wow, that sucks. mostly all the accidnts I see involve an SUV. People just do not know how to drive. I think they get a false sense of security in being in an SUV. Superman Syndrome.

If you do not have any frame damage, I would say fix it up with new hood and TS.

BTW: to the site

"When I'm good I'm very good but when I'm bad I'm better."
CLICK FOR MY PICS
2001 Z06 TR/Mod Red 400 rwhp
LIFE IS TOO SHORT, HAVE FUN, NO REGRETS
IVOZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2006, 09:59 AM   #10
MADN3SS

Name :
MADN3SS is on a distinguished road

Sorry to hear about your Z. I hate driving in the rain. There are too many morons who don't know how to drive their vehicles when it is raining. Your being careful and some idiot just whizzes by just ready to make a mistake.

Sucks that your first post on the site was this.

'01 QS Corsa Touring exhaust with Tiger Shark tips. LG LT headers with X-Pipe, Hurricane intake w/ CF HF Power Duct, L.E.D. tail lights and shorty antenna. Lowered on stock bolts. Black Motorsports. FRC TOM tuned. NCM member 36741
MADN3SS is offline   Reply With Quote