The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Competitions and Racing Forum

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Competitions and Racing Forum Any and all forms of contests. "Kill" stories are OK, but please note that this site does NOT condone illegal activities. So discretion is advised.

Unread 08-09-2009, 04:55 PM   #1
checkeredfever

Name :
checkeredfever is on a distinguished road
Default Congratulations to Henry Gilbert Driving a Z06 Corvette on SCCA Class Win at Daytona

Man, I really had a blast at Daytona this past Saturday. After attending the Sports Car Driving Experience at PBIR a few weeks ago the performance driving schools owner, Henry Gilbert invited me down to Daytona for a SCCA race he was running. I knew Henry was an awesome driver with many years of pro racing experience but he really proved it this weekend at Daytona. After a tech issue disallowed his 4th place qualifying time of 43 cars, he was put in the back to start the race. I sat with his crew chief and watched as he passed 39 cars in seven laps for a win in his class and a 4th place finish overall. I came down to Daytona from Jax because I've been thinking very seriously about campaigning a Corvette in SCCA. After being at the event and being around the action, the cars, the smell of race fuel, and the sounds of Henry's 700 hp race prepared Z06 I am definitely hooked.

Thanks again Henry for your and the team's hospitality at the track and making feel like one of the team. I can't wait for the Homestead event with your school in August and the two day driving school at PBIR in September. I know how to drive the car and be fast but now it's time to learn how to race. I don't usually rave about a company but Henry and Sports Car Driving Experience are the best. If you want to learn how to drive your car to the max contact Henry Gilbert at 1.800.453.5506 to make a reservation for Roebling Road, Homestead, PBIR, or Sebring or visit www.sportscardrivingexperience.com and tell Henry that Dwayne from Jax sent you. I'll see if I can't talk him into giving a slight discount for doing so. Henry has 14 Corvettes for his school, no driving Miatas or any of that crap. Henry and his people love Corvettes like we do.
1982 Resto-Mod C3
www.corvette-school.com
Drive Vettes On the Track

Last edited by checkeredfever; 08-09-2009 at 09:46 PM. Reason: typo
checkeredfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2009, 07:36 PM   #2
Evil Twin

Name :
Evil Twin has disabled reputation

Henry was checking out in SPO !! With some tube frame race cars for competion
That guy can drive. I can also vouch for his driving schools. A safe, well run operation. I have NEVER had more fun for the money. Highly recommend the school or try out his track days at your local tracks.

Not affliated at all, just a happy customer.

Real men turn left AND right
Evil Twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2010, 11:10 AM   #3
triplevette

Name :
triplevette has disabled reputation
Default Sports Car Driving Experience

If you want to learn how Henry Gilbert got to be such a great racer go to www.corvette-school.com to begin your journey by signing up for a performance driving class.

Remember: the more you know, the faster you go!!
triplevette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2010, 12:11 AM   #4
Yellow

Name :
Yellow is on a distinguished road

...02 Coupe...03 GSXR 600
garage mates...99 SC Coupe.....07 Z06
Yellow is offline   Reply With Quote