The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > General Corvette Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Corvette Discussions Just general "shootin' the breeze" types of discussions related to Corvettes.

Unread 01-22-2010, 09:29 PM   #1
checkeredfever

Name :
checkeredfever is on a distinguished road
Default Performance Driving School Get New 2010 Grand Sports for Students

Sports Car Driving Experience will take delivery of a brand new 2010 Grand Sport Corvette for the high performance driving school next week. A second Grand Sport has been ordered for the school and should come in next month. SCDE owner Henry Gilbert said, "We are looking forward to getting our high performance driving school students in these new Grand Sports and allowing them to have a very unique opportunity that isn't available at any of the other schools east of the Mississippi."

Sports Car Driving Experience will be posting pictures of the cars as they arrive on Facebook and the other SCDE sites including www.corvette-school.com. If you would like to be put a list to be notified when the cars will be arriving at the performance driving school please email corvetteschool@aol.com with "Grand Sport" in the email Subject Line. We will send you links to pics of the cars along with photos of the cars on the track and what Henry's take is on the performance of the cars at the various Florida tracks.
1982 Resto-Mod C3
www.corvette-school.com
Drive Vettes On the Track
checkeredfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2010, 05:36 PM   #2
triplevette

Name :
triplevette has disabled reputation
Default RipOff Watch: Sports Car Driving Experience Performance Driving School

I've seen some positive comments on this forum and a couple of others that were friends or employees of Sports Car Driving Experience. They had to be because I spent over $2500 (far too much for what you get) for a one day school at Palm Beach Raceway and it was the worst organized event I've ever attended. The instructor I had was a veteran of 11 months of track and/or racing experience. He didn't know how to teach me and was only worried about getting into his car. That is the deal you know, they give the instructors free track time to be an instructor. I thought the owner Henry Gilbert would be prominent in the event but he just did his classroom instruction which I could have learned anywhere and that was it.

Don't waste your money, Henry is a nice guy from the three words he spoke to me but the Sports Car Driving Experience is a joke. He also made a derogatory comment about an Indian individual or he possibly could have been Arabic that I didn't particularly appreciate. Bad school, too high of a price, and a bigot- not a winning combination.

I went to Faast Performance racing school and it was great!! It was cheaper, the instructors were real teachers and they like people no matter where they may have come from. http://www.faasst.com/

Tony
triplevette is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
driving, grand, performance, school, sport