The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > RSS Classifieds

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

RSS Classifieds This is a special forum that utilizes RSS feeds to plug in classified ads for Corvettes.

Unread 09-15-2015, 08:31 PM   #1
RSS Feed
RSS Feed Robot

Name :
RSS Feed has disabled reputation
Default FS: Dearborn, MI area - Black 2002 C5 Z06 - 62k miles, $19k

Hi all,
I recently moved from Florida back to the Midwest and am looking to sell my Z06 to free up my garage for some ATVs. The car has been meticulously maintained and garage kept since I bought it and is in great condition. I just had 4 new Nitto NT05 tires installed in July and all of the fluids in the car have been changed out for Amsoil full synthetics. I also just installed a new battery with 3 year warranty a couple weeks ago and I have records for all the maintenance and mods I have performed since I have had the car. I have already taken precautionary steps to address some of the potential problem areas of these cars, such as the weak stock valve springs which can fail and take the rest of the engine with them and also some electrical and seat issues (see below). The car has never been in an accident and currently has 62,250 miles on it and counting. I purchased it about 1 year ago with 52k miles and have used it as a daily driver ever since. I have the clean, lien free, Michigan title in hand and am asking $19,000 obo for the car. I am only interested in trading for 1 or 2 2007+ Honda Rancher ATVs and trailer plus cash.
Aftermarket modifications (cost):

Engine:
-Dewitt's 2-row radiator with integrated engine oil cooler ($613)
-Dewitt's factory style oil cooler plumbing with integrated pressure relief valve ($222)
-Replaced OEM engine oil, trans. oil, and diff. oil drain plugs with magnetic drain plugs ($33)
-Elite Engineering catch can ($160)

Transmission
-Muzzy's 1-4 skip-shift eliminator ($18) (this is a harness that disables the OEM CAGS system that forces you to shift from 1st gear to 4th when slowly accelerating from a stop, to conserve fuel)
-T56 "Anti-venom" mod ($1) (This involves just installing 2 washers to shim a detent on the transmission and yields slightly smoother shifter feel)

Brakes:
-DRM SS braided brake lines ($140)
-Speed bleeders ($24) (makes bleeding brakes a 1 man job)

Tires:
-Front 275/40R17 Nitto NT05+Rear 295/35R18 Nitto NT05 ($794+$100 installation)

Interior
-Lloyd's official C5 Z06 floor mats with Z06 logo ($120) (This car was fitted with black "universal fit" floor mats when I bought it)
-Front and rear windows tinted (installed by a previous owner)

Fluids (cost/mileage at last change):
-Engine oil: Amsoil Synthetic 10W30 ZRod Motor Oil+Amsoil AE Oil Filter ($70/61571 mi)
-Transmission oil: Amsoil Torque-Drive Synthetic Transmission Fluid ($40/54544)
-Differential oil: Amsoil Severe Gear 75W-90 Synthetic EP Lubricant ($24/54544)
-Coolant: Dexacool+distilled water+Amsoil Coolant Boost ($45/60698)
-Power Steering: Amsoil Syntheic Power Steering Fluid ($25/55112)
-Brake fluid: Amsoil DOT-4 600 Series Brake Fluid ($30/60736)
-Clutch fluid: Amsoil DOT-4 600 Series Brake Fluid ($15)

Preventative maintenance:
-Added Redline Complete S-1 Fuel System Cleaner to fuel tank ($13/60698 mi)
-Replaced radiator hoses ($25/60698)
-Replaced tires ($883/60585)
-Changed serpentine belt ($22/57299)
-Replaced spark plugs and spark plug wires ($84/53580)
-Replaced valve springs, valve seals, and valve cover gaskets ($134/53580) (The valve springs were replaced because the 2002-2003 Z06s have had some issues with the stock valve springs breaking and then letting the valve drop into the combustion chamber, leading to catastrophic engine failure. GM updated the springs to fix this problem for the 2004 Z06, so I replaced the original valve springs with these new GM parts, as a precaution. I also replaced the valve seals and valve cover gasket while I was at it, as it's only an extra $60 and doesn't require any extra effort while everything is already apart.)
-Replaced fuel filter ($33/53797)
-Replaced air filter with Purolator air filter ($16/52168) (also have brand new Wix air filter in box to go with car)

Repairs:
-Replaced battery with Autocraft gold (61670 miles)
-Replaced front leaf spring ($344/60798)
-Replaced door lock and unlock relays ($10/56829) (These are cheap parts but it takes awhile to remove the door control modules, then desolder each relay and the solder on each new one)
-Replaced power seat track bushings ($1/55250) (This is also a cheap but time consuming mod that requires removal and disassembly of the power seat to replace some worn out bushings that allow the seat to slide on the seat track during accel/decel)

I have kept all maintenance up to date myself and have the receipts to prove it, as well as a running excel spreadsheet that lists all maintenance and performance parts with the date and mileage when they were installed, as well as parts cost (I am an Engineer who designs engines for Ford and am VERY meticulous about my car). You can see that the car is so far ahead on maintenance for a 62k mile car that it's ridiculous. Replacing the valve springs before they caused any engine failure is a huge bonus for this car, and it took me a ton of time in the garage to do it. I have also routinely logged data using an OBDII adapter to check how the car is running and ensure that there were no high fuel trims or knocking. The engine is 100% stock from the air filter to tail-pipe performance wise, as all of the modifications I have made were only for increased reliability, and not to add more power. I am willing to remove some of the modifications such as the SS brake lines and radiator w/oil cooler and catch can to lower the price of the car, as I still have all of the stock parts. I realize that modifications don't add value to the car, but I will not be giving them away with the car either.

I really enjoy driving this car, but I'd like to free up some garage space so that I can get a set of ATVs. This car is in great condition and has had all costly preventative maintenance done, shifts smoothly and doesn't burn a drop of oil! The car should be good to drive and just enjoy for a very , very, long time, maintenance free! As can be seen in the pics below that I took before I moved from Florida, the car looks great cosmetically and only has some small rock chips and a few small scratches. The interior is in mint condition as well, with no rips in the leather or dash cracks, etc. The car was driven in the rain, but has never seen snow or salt and was routinely washed and waxed. None of the wheels have any curb rash but do have some small scratches from a previous owner allowing the tire shop to use crimp on wheel weights (sigh).

Please PM me if interested and we will set-up a time to meet. I am willing to drive a few hours to show/sell the car after work in the evenings or on the weekends as my schedule allows. If you are serious about buying the car I will make every effort to make the logistics easy on you and am confident that we can work something out. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for looking!

Mmmmmm.......new valve springs:

Dewitt's vs stock radiator:

Source...
RSS Feed is offline   Reply With Quote