The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > The Police Blotter

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

The Police Blotter This forum is for the purpose of alerting our readers of thefts and robberies. The idea is that WE can all keep our eyes peeled for the stuff and maybe catch those creeps.

Unread 11-23-2010, 08:41 AM   #21
Bob K
Deceased

Name : Bob Korreck
Bob K has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85vette View Post
Having a CC permit is all well and good, but in these situations (carjacking, robbery, etc.) the majority of the time the victims are at a disadvantage, due to the element of surprise.
I think that's a true statement 90% of the time. Usually mine is in a belt holster but on trips I'll tuck it between the seat and console, barrel down and grip in a position where I just lay my hand on it.

I've also been told to carry a small knife (I don't) in case you're grabbed from behind in a choke hold. I've been told they back off in a hurry.

Looks like you got a quick lesson with the flare gun. Sometimes I see a LEO standing alongside a stopped car in a very vulnerable position. It makes me shudder.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2010, 03:24 PM   #22
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob K View Post
I think that's a true statement 90% of the time. Usually mine is in a belt holster but on trips I'll tuck it between the seat and console, barrel down and grip in a position where I just lay my hand on it.

I've also been told to carry a small knife (I don't) in case you're grabbed from behind in a choke hold. I've been told they back off in a hurry.

Looks like you got a quick lesson with the flare gun. Sometimes I see a LEO standing alongside a stopped car in a very vulnerable position. It makes me shudder.
99% of the time an experienced LEO can read a situation within the first few moments of a traffic stop, or even a domestic dispute. But when a person approaches you in a non-aggressive manner to speak with you and then just comes out with a flare gun (which looks like a cannon up close) the pucker factor pegs like a Z06 with a brick on the gas pedal! ( I think I remember a sucking sound!?!) I didn't expect that! But I'll never forget it either. It doesn't matter how good or how fast you are....you can't out-draw a weapon that is already deployed! I realized right away that it was a flare gun, and I remembered everything I had been taught in the military about burning magnesium. At that moment I found myself wishing it was a .45.
Unread 12-02-2010, 09:19 AM   #23
FLvette

Name : jeff M
FLvette has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98 softtail View Post
Another story, Another reason to get your Concealed Carry Permit. Take a few shooting lessons, Get Certified, Go Shoot your weapon at the Range.
I aggree 100%.
This story should read: "Theif shot after trying to knife jack a car."

I hope you get your car back and in good condition.
FLvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2010, 09:31 PM   #24
Cor66Vette

Name :
Cor66Vette has disabled reputation

Sandman- you came out of this unharmed and here to talk about it. Except for the trama and loss of the car, you are relatively unscathed. Do you carry? If/so, did you that day? Stay Well - Stay Sane
Cor66Vette is offline   Reply With Quote