The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > The Police Blotter

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

The Police Blotter This forum is for the purpose of alerting our readers of thefts and robberies. The idea is that WE can all keep our eyes peeled for the stuff and maybe catch those creeps.

Unread 06-08-2008, 12:37 AM   #11
Yellow

Name :
Yellow is on a distinguished road

Yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2008, 07:47 AM   #12
JIM KILL
TampaBay Vettes

Name : Jim Kill
JIM KILL is on a distinguished road
Arrow Update

This update from Tampa Tribune this morning:
http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/jun...-leave-4-dead/

God Bless our Officers

Jim
Unread 06-08-2008, 09:31 AM   #13
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Jim, thanks for tha article. Not exactly the locations that my friend at the department told me for the POI on Lentz , but actually sounds like the shot may have been better this way?

Couple of points the article brings out:

Quote:
That's when Deputy Malachi McCoy ran up and shot the gunman in the head, killing him, Callaway said.
That's the way it should be done! Dep. McCoy deserves (and I'm sure will eventually be awarded) a commendation!

When the bullets were counted, investigators said deputies had fired more than 50 rounds.

That's 49 too many!!!!
This is an interesting commentary though. It proves a point.

I've seen Ray shoot.

As an instructor, I've had him on the range on numerous occasions over the years. He shoots well

We've always tried to teach "stress shooting" and instill as much stress as possible in the sutdent/shooter, but there's no way possible to immitate a real life, I'm gonna die right here, shooting

Stress is a MOFO

Quote:
They think Bello was hit multiple times before McCoy fired the fatal shot...
"He was just impervious to their shooting," said witness Mark Vennett, 49, of Tampa. "He was like a crazed animal."
Drugs? Rage? In this case, who knows? I've dealt with both and it's not easy to stop them.
Both can and will provide one with "superhuman" strength and fortitude. Another many years ago was shot 7 times from approximately 15' out to point blank range with a .45 semi auto. Still had enough fight left in him to violently attack an officer and continue to fight until he (the suspect) bled out

Glad McCoy put an end to him before he could hurt anyone else!

The series of events leading up to this were pretty predictable. Foreclosure, domestic disputes, pending divorce....it's a pattern.

Financial issues will bring out the worse in people and this type of stress can and will cause some people to snap. It's going to get worse beofe it gets better out here

On a final note, R.I.P. to the Firefighter. And God bless those paramedics.

Those guys and gals are worth thier weight in GOLD!!!!
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2008, 09:10 PM   #14
Shadow

Name :

I was able to speak with Ray Wilson this morning. He's home and doing fine and even says he still hasn't had any real pain from the gunshot would to the arm

He's very blessed in that the suspect (now the deceased) was wrestling with him and trying to take his weapon. He did what he was trained to do and held on to the weapon through out the struggle and pain.

The 3rd deputy, we'll just say, put a quick end to the suspects action

Dep Lentz is resting under guard at a local hospital and is according to Ray, is expected to make a full recovery.The rounds nicked his kidney and tailbone (never could remember the medical definition).

During our conversation, he confirmed that he recalled so many things from his past including things from his childhood (he's my age), and at one point, saw his deceased mother and father

He said he was ready for whatever God had planned for him, but wasn't about to give up the fight!!!

I passed on everyones well wished and congratulations for a job well done
Unread 06-09-2008, 09:19 PM   #15
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

Glad to hear they're doing well. We train and train and train for these things and something always seems to go wrong. I was thinking about it yesterday while I was on shift, how do you let that happen, but every scenario is different. We can just try to be ready....I've seen firsthand how officers get tunnelvision and deviate from training/policy when it hits the fan!
85vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2008, 11:37 PM   #16
Shadow

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85vette View Post
Glad to hear they're doing well. We train and train and train for these things and something always seems to go wrong. I was thinking about it yesterday while I was on shift, how do you let that happen, but every scenario is different. We can just try to be ready....I've seen firsthand how officers get tunnelvision and deviate from training/policy when it hits the fan!
Me too man

In this case, it appears they did things pretty well textbook. This POS just wasn't going to let it go down with out a fight

He was hell bent on killing at least one deputy if not all of them, evidenced by his charge at Ray and attempt to wrestle the weapon from him.

You're right too. We all train for these scenarios but when it hits the fan....

I've been in the struggle for the weapon before. Armed robbery suspect, repeat offender. Wasn't going back to jail.

We fought for what felt like an hour (probably <5 minutes), all the time, he was trying to take my weapon.

Hindsight...should have shot him point blank in the chest. Not sure to this day why I didn't?

Damned! Hindsight! Always 20/20

Just glad they're going to recover. All you folks still on the job, stay safe out there and watch out for each other
Unread 06-09-2008, 11:41 PM   #17
Qman

Name :
Qman is on a distinguished road
Default murder

please thats enough.
Qman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2008, 11:46 PM   #18
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qman View Post
please thats enough.
Whats enough?
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2008, 12:04 AM   #19
329of1k

Name :
329of1k has disabled reputation

Unfortunately I along with several hundred other firefighters will attend a full honors fire department funeral for Captain Chris Artigas of the Hillsborough County Fire Rescue.
Captain Artigas was one of the initial victims at the home where the shootings began.
I did not know Captain Artigas personally but just like the law enforcement community, it is a family and when one loss is encountered it sends a shockwave through the entire family.
I am relieved that the LEO's are recovering and doing well. At least they were able to take the necessary actions required to put an end to the ordeal.
Please keep the victims and their families in your thoughts and if you are in North Tampa on Wednesday and see a procession of fire apparatus, have a little respect and pull off the roadway. Not any people taqke the time to pullover anymore when a funeral procession drives by.
Thanks to all for your support.
Grand Sport #329
Valrico, FL
329of1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2008, 07:49 AM   #20
Shadow

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by 329of1k View Post
Unfortunately I along with several hundred other firefighters will attend a full honors fire department funeral for Captain Chris Artigas of the Hillsborough County Fire Rescue.
Captain Artigas was one of the initial victims at the home where the shootings began.
I did not know Captain Artigas personally but just like the law enforcement community, it is a family and when one loss is encountered it sends a shockwave through the entire family.
I am relieved that the LEO's are recovering and doing well. At least they were able to take the necessary actions required to put an end to the ordeal.
Please keep the victims and their families in your thoughts and if you are in North Tampa on Wednesday and see a procession of fire apparatus, have a little respect and pull off the roadway. Not any people taqke the time to pullover anymore when a funeral procession drives by.
Thanks to all for your support.
Andy,

You guys have my total respect and admiration. LEO and the FF/PAramedic community share a relatively close bond. We've always had numerous FD members sho up at our funerals and I've even seen ladder trucks with banners hung from them.

You guys and gals are rtuly some of America's heros. There's no way in hell I'm doing some of the stuff you guys do (I think you and I talked about that once at Fermans).

Think about it? Who ran to the scene? The Firfighters/Paramedics

Capt. Artigas is in my/our thoughts and prayers and a salute will go out to him as his procession passes by.

I was also informed on Sunday by a friend and another FF that the other young lady killed in the incident was the sister of Ray Lopez, another County FF

If this is true, then my thoughts and prayers are with him and his family as well.

R.I.P. Capt