The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > Classifieds - Corvettes, Parts & Accessories

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Classifieds - Corvettes, Parts & Accessories Sales | Wanteds | Sources | Advice For Buying or Selling

Unread 01-07-2008, 10:54 PM   #1
cwbeachbum

Name : Philip J. Adams
cwbeachbum is on a distinguished road
Arrow Used C5 brake calipers for sale!!

Replaced my 2000 C5 stock brake calipers with red ZO6 calipers so Offering the stock calipers with about 63,000 miles on them to best offer.
cwbeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2008, 01:48 PM   #2
shakedown067
Sinister C4

Name : Eric G
shakedown067 is on a distinguished road

Do you have the brackets too or just the calipers?
shakedown067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2008, 09:36 PM   #3
cwbeachbum

Hi, Sorry for the delay in responding. I only have the calipers. I re-painted the original brackets and but the Z06 cailpers on them. Make offer if interested Thanks
Unread 02-22-2008, 05:53 AM   #4
gmjunkie
Corvette,GM Classic Freak

Name : I'm Not Post'n in BOI
gmjunkie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwbeachbum View Post
Hi, Sorry for the delay in responding. I only have the calipers. I re-painted the original brackets and but the Z06 cailpers on them. Make offer if interested Thanks
How much were the Red Calipers??
Unread 02-22-2008, 11:02 PM   #5
cwbeachbum

Hi GmJunkie. Great pic, I picked the Z06 red calipers up on ebay from thepartsladi. I think they were around $314.95 plus freight for all four. I also picked up a set of 4 GM durastop drilled/slotted rotors with a set of ceramic pads for around $349.00. All came in original sealed Gm packaging. After I made the separate purchases I saw she had adeal on all the above for under $600.00. oops. Hey while I'm writing to you I thought you might have some ideas as to whats going on with me C5. Getting the check engine light again and following codes p0171 hc , p0174 hc . u1160 h, u1096 h, u1064 h, u 1016 h. and for the air controller b0361 hc, b0441hc, b0446 hc. I know the "h & c" stand for history and current for the codes, I had a diagnostic scan done back in november and the only thing wrong per the shop was a low fuel pressure reading and they suggested it was clogged injectors so I had the injector cleaning service completed. That worked fine for a few days them the codes came back but not alway the right and left lean codes at the same time. Now they are coming on daily. I reset and the time varies for the check engine lite to come on. I can drive all day and nothing till hour later and some day the lite comes on as id drive out of the driveway. Still getting 18 to 19.9 mgps per the dic. any help would be appreciated. Phil
Unread 02-23-2008, 09:19 AM   #6
gmjunkie
Corvette,GM Classic Freak

Name : I'm Not Post'n in BOI
gmjunkie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwbeachbum View Post
Hi GmJunkie. Great pic, I picked the Z06 red calipers up on ebay from thepartsladi. I think they were around $314.95 plus freight for all four. I also picked up a set of 4 GM durastop drilled/slotted rotors with a set of ceramic pads for around $349.00. All came in original sealed Gm packaging. After I made the separate purchases I saw she had adeal on all the above for under $600.00. oops. Hey while I'm writing to you I thought you might have some ideas as to whats going on with me C5. Getting the check engine light again and following codes p0171 hc , p0174 hc . u1160 h, u1096 h, u1064 h, u 1016 h. and for the air controller b0361 hc, b0441hc, b0446 hc. I know the "h & c" stand for history and current for the codes, I had a diagnostic scan done back in november and the only thing wrong per the shop was a low fuel pressure reading and they suggested it was clogged injectors so I had the injector cleaning service completed. That worked fine for a few days them the codes came back but not alway the right and left lean codes at the same time. Now they are coming on daily. I reset and the time varies for the check engine lite to come on. I can drive all day and nothing till hour later and some day the lite comes on as id drive out of the driveway. Still getting 18 to 19.9 mgps per the dic. any help would be appreciated. Phil
Have you had any mods to the air Cleaner,Mass Air Flow or Exhaust??What kind of Injector cleaning system was used??Say's your Lean on Bank 1&2,Hows the Battery??Do the head lamps kinda Brighten and Dim at Night?? You seem to have allot of loss of communication codes,some of the A/C codes are fairly common and can be caused by Battery,Alternator and Grounds!!What does the volt meter do while running with everything turned on?? Heck they all can for that matter!! Has your battery been charged or Jumped off lately???
Unread 02-24-2008, 02:44 PM   #7
cwbeachbum

Hi The only mod I know of is the intake air sensor was moved forward on the intake tunnel and is just behind the maf, also I put on a B&B bullet stinger quad tip exhaust system but was getting the codes before that. I am not sure what type of injector cleaning system was used by Revextreme but they told me to use up the gas that was in the tank before adding more so I would get the rest of the cleaner used up that was in the gas, The battery has never been jumped off as long as I have owned the car. not sure about before that, It usually shows 13 to 14 volts when driving with just the cd player on. Last summer I did take apart the front grounds that are mounted to the frame, opened them up and they had hardly any white corrosion on them. I cleaned them with electical cleaning spray I picked up at Home Depot that is supposed to leave a film on them so they won't corrode then put it all back together. I'll test the battery voltage with the car off and see what happens when I start the car. I was told that if the voltage drops below 10volts then that can cause problems. Thanks for the continued help!!! I was told by one shop that the fuel sending units in the gas tanks are going bad and they wanted to replace them but I wanted to hold off as I still get decent gas milage of 18 to 19 in the city and in January I took a long trip to Panama city beach and Savannah georgia and was getting 29.9 mpgs, Anyway thanks again and I'll keep you posted on the continued saga of the annoying codes. Thanks , Phil
Unread 03-11-2008, 12:19 AM   #8
cwbeachbum

Hi Just purchased a new Ultima red top battery and still getting the codes. I was looking thru the eklers parts cataloge and noticed that they sell a mass airflow sensor seal that goes between the sensor and the air duct to make a tight fit. I don't have a seal there, Could that be the problem? Or could the relocated MAT sensor that is moved to the front of the duct be bad? Just fishing for cheaper fixes then the fuel sending units or sensors, Thanks for any guidence, Phil
Unread 03-11-2008, 12:40 AM   #9
cwbeachbum

I still have the C5 calipers if you are interested. You can probably pick up the carriers aftermarket on ebay or from a salvage/parts web site. Email me if still interested and make me an offer I can't refuse. Tired of looking at the boxes in my closet. cwbeachbum@yahoo.com Thanks , phil