• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

I wonder if this is true?

ALWAYS PRESS “CLEAR” AND/OR “CANCEL” AFTER YOU FINISH PUMPING YOUR GAS AND HAVE RECEIVED YOUR RECEIPT.

Subject: Using Debit/Credit Cards for Gas

People are getting really

desperate due to the constantly

rising gas prices.

A friend just told me about

something that happened to one

of his co workers.

She used her credit/debit card

to purchase gas at the pump

(like most of us do).

She received her receipt like normal.

However, when she checked her

statement, there were 2 $50

charges added in addition to

her purchase.

Upon investigation, she found out

that because she did not press

the 'clear' button on the

pump, the employee inside

the store was able to use her

card to purchase his/her own

gas!

To keep this from happening,

after you get your receipt,

you must press the 'CLEAR'

button or your information

will be stored until the next

customer inserts their card.

Be sure to tell

all your friends/family so that

this doesn't happen to them!

(**I had never noticed the

clear button but I got gas the

other day and sure enough it

is there. I will be using it

from now on....)

I have one of those 10$ locking gas caps on my car.Just in case.

Good advice ,I don't know if it's true but it's worth pushing one last button.

I think i'm safe my credit limit is $50 :D

Not true

In my "Favorites" I have "snopes.com" due to all the questionable e-mails that we all get. Snopes deems this one FALSE! Just make sure you get a printed receipt each time.

:iagree:
That things been out forever.
I do get a reciept every time though not only for tax purposes and to check the mpg against the computer, but "just in case." In the past I've worked cases where a clerk thought someone drove off without paying and identified the wrong car.

"just in casse...I get ID'd.....aaarrggghh me matey, me gots me proof:icon_cheers:

Credit

PLEASE SEND ME YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER, EXPIRATION DATE AND PIN NUMBER AND I WILL CHECK IT OUT FOR YOU...............:lmao:

:hehehe: Jim :hehehe:

:iagree:
That things been out forever.

This is another one of those e-mails that continue to be sent to everyone and their brother. The systems are designed to clear as soon as the question of receipt is answered. If you do not hit a response to the question, the screen clears and is ready for a new customer.

I admit I got sucked into this when I first saw this come out a year ago and would watch more closely at my fillups. Once I was done with the transaction, I hit the clear button and there was nothing to clear because the transction was completed and had already changed to the get ready screen.

If you doubt it, try repumping gas into your car once you have hung up the pump and responded to the receipt question...

technically it would be possible. But the clerk would have to be in on it and have a friend that is good with electronics. Just siphon off someone's gas tank in the middle of the night. Less chance of getting caught. j/k :D

In my "Favorites" I have "snopes.com" due to all the questionable e-mails that we all get. Snopes deems this one FALSE! Just make sure you get a printed receipt each time.

See, never trust something that starts out in all caps.

Back