The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Maintenance, Mods, & Tips

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Maintenance, Mods, & Tips Mods | Tips | Repairs & Troubleshooting

Unread 12-28-2006, 03:46 AM   #1
Gordonboss

Name :
Gordonboss has disabled reputation
Default Orlando Area Window Tinting

I had my windows done. The quality is good but the fellow talked me into not doing the back window where the dots are. He convinced me that the tint would separate from the window there eventually. I just don't like the look of the 2/3 tint job on the back. Anyone out there know of a tint person in the Orlando Area that you have had luck with on this. I think I would rather remove it than leave it looking like this if the dots are really a long term problem.
Gordonboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2006, 10:00 AM   #2
Anti Venom
Wrencher

Name :
Anti Venom is on a distinguished road

Not Orlando, but Tampa area. Next door to my shop is an excellent tint shop. They have done many of my customer's cars and my car. The quality is absolutely perfect. The tinter has methods for tinting around the dot matrix. Should be worth the trip.
Unread 12-29-2006, 06:15 AM   #3
Gordonboss

Name :
Gordonboss has disabled reputation

Thanks, got your phone number from your profile. Will call you today for details on your neighbor.
Gordonboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2006, 10:02 AM   #4
qwkz06

Name :
qwkz06 has disabled reputation

Gordon, Call Tops in Detail on Orange Ave. and ask for Vince. Tell him Skip told you to call. They did my MY Z06 recently and it came out great. The reason it came out great is because of a tip I got from one of vette forums which I ultimately got them to follow. Initially they just tinted the back window normally and of course, as I told them would happen, the bumps on the top caused bubbles to show up and it looked like ca ca. I had read that the only way to really get it to look good was to put black vinyl on the INSIDE of the window where the bumps are. I took it back and they did what I asked and they were shocked. It looks great. Vince said that is the way they will do Vettes from now on. Good luck, Skip
qwkz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2007, 10:59 PM   #5
Delta0six
Bus Driver

Name :
Delta0six has disabled reputation
Default Approximate price of tinting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwkz06
Gordon, Call Tops in Detail on Orange Ave. and ask for Vince. Tell him Skip told you to call. They did my MY Z06 recently and it came out great. The reason it came out great is because of a tip I got from one of vette forums which I ultimately got them to follow. Initially they just tinted the back window normally and of course, as I told them would happen, the bumps on the top caused bubbles to show up and it looked like ca ca. I had read that the only way to really get it to look good was to put black vinyl on the INSIDE of the window where the bumps are. I took it back and they did what I asked and they were shocked. It looks great. Vince said that is the way they will do Vettes from now on. Good luck, Skip
Skip,

Thanks for the great information on window tinting for Vettes.

I hope you don't mind my asking, but appoximately how much did Tops in Detail charge to tint your Vette?

Thanks,

Brian
Delta0six is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2007, 07:07 PM   #6
qwkz06

Name :
qwkz06 has disabled reputation

Brian, Sorry for the delay. I have been down in the Keys for a week. I don't remember the exact amount but I think it was between $125 and $150.
qwkz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2007, 08:24 PM   #7
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

I'm going to want to get the windows on our new C6 tinted. There are a couple of places I have seen here in Tallahassee who advertise doing it, but I have NO idea if they do good work or not. Probably will have to pay with credit card so I can dispute the charge if they screw it up.
Unread 01-07-2007, 10:13 AM   #8
Delta0six
Bus Driver

Name :
Delta0six has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwkz06
Brian, Sorry for the delay. I have been down in the Keys for a week. I don't remember the exact amount but I think it was between $125 and $150.
Thanks Skip!

Brian
Delta0six is offline   Reply With Quote