• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

WINDOW TINT

DWALK'00

Does anyone in the Tampa area know of a good place to get windows tinted at a decent price and get the back window to look good. Would like to get the done at about 15% all around and the best price sofar is $180-$190. I know I can do better than this just don't know where.

I just had our Toyota 4 door done with limo tint for $109.00

Turned out great. I forgot the name, however, the place in on Hillsborough about 3-5 miles east of the airport on the right. I don’t think it’s past Nebraska

p.s. The limo tint is VERY dark.

There's a window tint and audio shop right next door to Anti-Venom's shop. They did my tint and did a great job! The corner of Parsons and MLK in the plaza with Anti-Venom, Jiffy Lube and a Tire Place.

Last edited:
I had limo tint put on the '92 vette I had. After 1 day I took it back and had them strip it off. WAY too dark for me! Felt like I was in a tunnel especially while driving at night. :eek:

TyZtoy said:
There's a window tint and audio shop right next door to Anti-Venom's shop. They did my tint and did a great job! The corner of Parsons and MLK in the plaza with Anti-Venom, Jiffy Lube and a Tire Place.

How dark did they tint your windows and what did they charge youto do tint them. The best I found so far is $180.00 and the could not say how the back windo would thurn out over the dot matrix.

There is a lady in Safety Harbor, on Main Street who does an excellent job on Vettes:thumbsup:

Sorry I can't recall the name right now, but I'll try to ride by and get you the contact info today.

She owns a vette and the last time I spoke with her about my 87, I believe the quote was under what you got?

She also does the rear window in ONE PIECE! Thats a lot of work and the right way to do it.

To get to her shop, as you head south along Bayshore in safety harbor, turn right (west) onto the main street, in front of the safety harbor spa.

On your right near the end of the rows of shops and just before you get to the RR tracks, there her shop on the right. I believe she still has the crossed vette flags in the window. She's usually in the back working so go around back.

Like I said, I'll try to go by this afternoon and get some info for you.

Gordon

Lady in Safety Harbor is good " AUTO TINT BY JUDY" PH.# 727-442-0113..I did not have my vette tinted,but she has done my truck,and my wife's Acura.She does great work and uses quality material.I am getting my daughter's cobalt done next week...:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Address of shop is 839 Main St..in downtown...

I'd love to have mine stripped and retinted. I have a couple little gouges on the drivers side. I'd like to go a little darker too!

zzzona said:
Lady in Safety Harbor is good " AUTO TINT BY JUDY" PH.# 727-442-0113..I did not have my vette tinted,but she has done my truck,and my wife's Acura.She does great work and uses quality material.I am getting my daughter's cobalt done next week...:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Address of shop is 839 Main St..in downtown...

Thank you:thumbsup: Yes, thats her and like I said, she does the rear window in 1 piece.

Gonna have her do my Vette and the Elephant Chaser shortly.:thumbsup:

DWALK'00 said:
How dark did they tint your windows and what did they charge youto do tint them. The best I found so far is $180.00 and the could not say how the back windo would thurn out over the dot matrix.

They will go as Dark or as light as you want. Yes. $180 is what I believe i paid. As for the Back window top half, It looks much better than what I have had in the past and extra attention is paid in that area. If you can find a person who can apply tint without having the "DOt matrix" to show, let me know.

You are in Valrico, so take a short drive over and see for yourself.

Good luck.

Shadow said:
Thank you:thumbsup: Yes, thats her and like I said, she does the rear window in 1 piece.

Gonna have her do my Vette and the Elephant Chaser shortly.:thumbsup:

Any idea if she will go dark?

MADN3SS said:
Any idea if she will go dark?

Thats kinda personal don't you think?:eek: :rofl1:

Yeah, she'll do whatever last time I spoke with her. I believe though that like most places, she won't give you a receipt for illegal tint, but you'd have to ask her about that.:thumbsup:

I stopped in to Judy's shop today and found that she has had to close due to a serious illness. I am not sure she will be able to re-open according to the gentleman I spoke with. Thought I would pass this on in case anyone thought of stopping in....

Mekanic said:
Any new info on her? I was planning on taking mine there soon to get it tinted
I spoke with someone here in Safety Harbor last week and I do not think she is doing well at all. She has cancer and it is not likely she would open again...Say a prayer for Judy

I'm sorry to hear that. My impressions from the other posts was that it was a close relative of hers, and not herself.

Just had my windows tinted on my 04 z51 this weekend, at National Window film dist. INC. They do super work, they have tinted 5 of my cars in the last two years.

There are in Port Richey FL.

Back