The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > Classifieds - Corvettes, Parts & Accessories

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Classifieds - Corvettes, Parts & Accessories Sales | Wanteds | Sources | Advice For Buying or Selling

View Poll Results: 1978 Corvette Pace Car for sale
1978 Corvette Pace Car for sale 0 0%
1978 Corvette Pace Car for sale 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 04-29-2009, 10:56 PM   #1
oceanace

Name :
oceanace has disabled reputation
Thumbs up 1978 Corvette Pace Car for Sale

Hello To All,

I have decided to sell my Pace car. Please forward this to anyone that might be interested. Thank you in advance for any help. Feel free to call me with any questions, or to setup a time to view/test drive this car. (954) 532-9060

1978 Corvette Indy 500 Pace Car – One owner numbers-matching Corvette with just over 15,000 original miles. I have won at least 5 trophies over the last few years and the trophies will go with the car.

Black/Silver exterior, Silver leather interior, glass t-tops. Numbers matching 185hp L48 350ci engine, automatic transmission, posi rear-end

● Body & Paint: Very straight and original body with excellent two-tone bc/cc paint and decals. The frame and undercarriage have been sand blasted clean, painted and detailed. It looks like new. It has near perfect glass and newer weather-stripping.
● Interior: Excellent with silver interior including the carpet, seats, console and dash. All gauges and instruments are fully functional and look new.
● Engine and Trans: The engine is the original L-48 350 c.i. that runs surprisingly strong and the original TH-350 automatic trans shifts crisp and firm.
● Other Features: Loaded with all power options including power steering, power disc brakes, power windows and door locks, cruise control, tilt and telescopic steering wheel, AM-FM 8-Track Stereo & glass t-tops. New brakes and calipers, all new hoses and belts, new exhaust.
Indy 500 Pace Cars are becoming very popular collector cars and their value is constantly on the rise, even in these tough times. Take advantage of this opportunity to invest in your future and have a lot of fun doing it. I have many pictures of this car and email to whom ever has interest.
$24,900 or best offer

The VIN #1Z87L8S904XXX indicates this is a Pace Car replica as they were the first Corvette model to receive their own unique VIN - the 8th digit is a '9'. Production of the 1978 Corvette Pace Car was limited to 6,502 units. Initially 300 units were planned; however, demand was such that Chevrolet built one for each of its dealerships.
This was the first production Corvette to be identified as a 'special edition' as it was designated to be the Pace Car at the Indianapolis 500 Race. A lead story on the front page of the Wall Street Journal indicated this model would become an immediate collectable Corvette. There was a quick impact on the selling price of these Corvettes with the asking of $10,000 over the list price of $13,653 for the 1978 Pace Car.
Demand for this Pace Car peaked shortly after the 1978 Indy 500 Race. By this time, numerous Pace Cars had been sold at the premium price.

The original list price included all of the desirable options and included the standard L-48 185hp motor and automatic transmission. It is also equipped with AM-FM stereo radio with a CB feature, a $170 upgrade for the Pace Car.

Indy 500 Pace Cars are becoming very popular collector cars and their value is constantly on the rise, even in these tough times. Take advantage of this opportunity to invest in your future and have a lot of fun doing it.

If you have a for sale section in your website, please include this car. I can email whatever photos you would like.

Kindest Regards,

Peter Kelly
954 532-9060
oceanace is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
corvette for sale