The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > Board of Inquiry®

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Board of Inquiry® Got a problem with someone you had a dealing with? Can't get it resolved and no other recourse presents itself? Had an especially good transaction with someone? Looking for info on a dealer?

Unread 09-14-2006, 08:30 AM   #1
rkasevich

Name :
rkasevich is on a distinguished road
Default Jacksonville FL Corvette Repairs

2000 Millenium yellow convertible with 93,000 miles on car and 40,000 miles on 2004 LS6 replacement engine.
I've had my 2000 C5 for 2 1/2 years living in Jacksonville, had work done at several Chevy dealers and not happy with none of them, over priced and not very technical.
Actually did work myself, replace hazard switch and turn signal switch, saved over $ 700 from dealer quote.
Does any member have suggestions or recommendations for Corvette repair shops in Jacksonville metro area.
Looking in the future for:
Tires, brakes, dyno tune
Thanks for any help.
rkasevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2006, 10:54 AM   #2
JimZ06

Name :
JimZ06 has disabled reputation

rkasevich
man I wish I could help you out. I have heard Nimnicht Chevy has a Corvette guy, but never been there myself. I tent to do all the work on my Vette myself, not just to save cash but also because I don't trust many people with my car. When serious work needs to be done (optional mods or otherwise) I'll drive it or trailer it to a reputable Corvette hot rod shop somewhere.
Not much help, sorry.

Jim
JimZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2006, 09:46 PM   #3
EZ GOIN
Gold Member

Name :
EZ GOIN is on a distinguished road

I could be wrong but I think alot of the Jax corvette club use Jerry Hamm Chevrolet. If I'm not mistaken their Service Manager is a member of the club. Again, you might want to double check this info because I don't belong to the Jax corvette club but this is what I've heard.

Now for your questions.

Tires- I use a guy on phillips hwy, just north of Emerson. It used to be wheel city but he changed his name when he moved to phillips hwy and I'm not sure what the name is now, but can find out. Now its a small business so he can't always get as good a price as tire rack, but he's a good guy and give you a fair price.

Brakes- I throw brakes into the same category as oil changes, it's easy enough I just do it myself.

Dyno tune- Well when I had mine done there was noone in jax that I trusted so I took the car to Mike Norris (nlp) in orlando. Now, there is a guy in orange park, HP performance that is suppose to dyno tune LS1s now. He's the guy all the local racers use and I would have no worries sending my car to him for a tune.

Hope some of this helps.
EZ GOIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2006, 07:54 AM   #4
rkasevich

Name :
rkasevich is on a distinguished road
Default Thanks for the reply

I just changed my brake pads myself, bought Hawke high performance pads and took about 1 Hr to change.
Just bought tires from discount tire $ 1,128 complete front and rear installed.
Bought Goodyear Eagle G3's very happy so far, quieter and smoother than the Michelin run flats I had on.
rkasevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2009, 11:49 PM   #5
audrey

Name :
audrey has disabled reputation

There is Larry over at Team Corvette. He has been in bussiness for qiut a while. He was the top in his class. ASE. he worked for Jerry Hamm Chevrolet. and Nimnicht Chevy before going to his own shop. He is a little slow because he works alone. But he is good and knows his corvettes. Hope this is helpful.
audrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2009, 09:25 AM   #6
vettejack

Name : Jack Legere
vettejack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by audrey View Post
There is Larry over at Team Corvette. He has been in bussiness for qiut a while. He was the top in his class. ASE. he worked for Jerry Hamm Chevrolet. and Nimnicht Chevy before going to his own shop. He is a little slow because he works alone. But he is good and knows his corvettes. Hope this is helpful.
If you feel like a 2 1/2 drive for reliable service, then try Corvette Interiors Plus, here in Titusville. The owner is Ron Wood and he also works alone and gives you a damn fine product at more than fair market value on the labor cost. He has a small circle of 2 other guys who does the engine work (bottom) and paint/body...and they are the only guys I use on my '82. I get exactly whats needed repaired with nice added touches and explanations if anything else needs attention. He does NOT take advantage. Anything done up to and including damn near a frame off restoration, Ron can do! Phone: 321-269-3887.

Seems the experience guy on the Corvette is going by way of the Dodo bird.
vettejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2009, 02:09 PM   #7
audrey

Name :
audrey has disabled reputation
Default Larry can do any job you may need

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasajack View Post
If you feel like a 2 1/2 drive for reliable service, then try Corvette Interiors Plus, here in Titusville. The owner is Ron Wood and he also works alone and gives you a damn fine product at more than fair market value on the labor cost. He has a small circle of 2 other guys who does the engine work (bottom) and paint/body...and they are the only guys I use on my '82. I get exactly whats needed repaired with nice added touches and explanations if anything else needs attention. He does NOT take advantage. Anything done up to and including damn near a frame off restoration, Ron can do! Phone: 321-269-3887.

Seems the experience guy on the Corvette is going by way of the Dodo bird.
Well Larry does't go by the way of a dodo bird. But he does have a 57 t-bird he drives sometimes. along with his many muscle cars he restores. Larry has been working on corvette for over 30 years He is ASE. well known in Jax. He know what is going on with them and can fix it at a great price. Why drive 2 1/2 hours to get the same great work you can get right here in your home city. Larry will even come to you, pick up and deliver it back. Larry is honest and has many people that would tell you how he knows corvettes. he also works on other makes and models. He is getting older now but with that comes a very wise mechanic. Call Larry for any of your mechanic needs. 904-7233000 Larry can do it and do it right and at a great price!!!!
audrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2010, 12:07 PM   #8
Dutch91

Name :
Dutch91 has disabled reputation

Been trying to get in touch w Larry. Finally someone answered-his wife. she said they're longer doing the corvette work. I need to have my transaxle looked at for leaks. Any suggestions?
Dutch91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2010, 01:22 PM   #9
Bob K
Deceased

Name : Bob Korreck
Bob K has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch91 View Post
Been trying to get in touch w Larry. Finally someone answered-his wife. she said they're longer doing the corvette work. I need to have my transaxle looked at for leaks. Any suggestions?
I don't know anyone in your area but after reading this thread I think I see a problem. I believe Vette folks should be looking for a 'Corvette Certified' mechanic. When I call a dealership that's the first question I ask. Do they have one. Not just any mechanic is qualified to work on these.

If you just want it checked for leaks jack up the rear and look. They'll be obvious. If you have a leaking seal they're simple to replace and I can send you info to diy.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2010, 05:39 PM   #10
chris308
spam sniper

Name : Chris Huff
chris308 is on a distinguished road

EFI Alchemy is in Jax i believe still.