The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Corvette Clubs > TAMPA BAY VETTES CLUB

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

TAMPA BAY VETTES CLUB "Friendship Building A Legend"

Unread 07-20-2007, 01:52 PM   #1
USA-1

Name :
USA-1 is on a distinguished road
Default ..... an open-invitation.....

..... from the RevXtreme Corvette Challenge Series for ALL Tampa Bay-area Corvette-enthusiasts to join us, as spectator or competitor, for either (or both ) of our last 2 races of 2007 season at Bradenton Motorsports Park, 9 miles East of I-75 at Exit 220, on Rt. 64:
we race Saturday mornings and finish by 2:00 PM (before it gets too-warm ), and the remaining events are scheduled for 25 August, and the season-finale on 8 September.

Our Series features handicap-start bracket-races on BMP's fully-prepped 1/4-mile track, and we have reserved pit-spaces on the asphalt (no gravel, dirt, or sand ) near the Staging Lanes & Starting Line, where our cars stay nice and clean
(except for burnt-rubber on the quarter-panels if you compete, which is a good-thing!!!!! )

The Series' competitors range-from full-on race-cars, such-as a tubular-chassised 9-second '68,

several street-driven C5s and C6s,

to our most-recent winner, a bone-stock, mid-14 second C4:

handicap-start bracket-racing places a premium on driving-ability and racer's-smarts, and less-on all-out HP/TQ, and money-spent, making for a level playing-field on race-day.

If you've ever wanted to try racing your Corvette at the drag-strip, but were afraid you'd be 'embarrassed' by not-knowing what to do, or would like to use your for Corvette for competition-purposes, this would be a great chance to meet-up with like-minded Corvette-owners, and run your car as-intended:
you can make 'time-only' runs, learning how-quick your car can cover the strip without competing during Eliminations, join-in for head-to-head competition versus our regular competitors, or just watch, learn, and ask-questions before deciding to run your Corvette at a future event
(I am no-longer competing in my stock '82 until it can be modified for competition, but I am serving as Race Day Coordinator between our Series at the Staff @ BMP, and am explaining how the timing-system works and offering suggestions & racing-strategies to newcomers, based-on 26+ seasons of racing )

We hope to see you at our next race on 25 August at Bradenton Motorsports Park!
Unread 08-10-2007, 11:23 PM   #2
Bradzvette
PW Pimp, keeper O' 'da thread

Name :
Bradzvette is on a distinguished road

registration? Fees?

Thanks

Hope to make it

Brad
Bradzvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2007, 07:17 AM   #3
USA-1

Name :
USA-1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad@thecorvetteshow
registration? Fees?

Hope to make it

Brad
We have no 'registration-fees', no 'join-up' dues, no 'secret-handshake', no 'de-coder ring', and nobody will ask you who hit the most home-runs (before or AFTER steroid useage ):
Bradenton charges each person who enters the track a flat $10 entry-fee, and those of us who run (time-runs only or bracket-race competition ) pay an extra $20 for a Tech Card
(if you decide to race with us and lose in the First Round, you can re-enter, or 'buy-back' into the 2nd Round for an additional $10 )

If any Corvette Clubs would like to join us for a day at the strip, that'd be welcome, too, as we are always looking for more Corvette-owners who enjoy racing legally, in a safe envoirnment:
if a pair (or multiple? ) of rival Corvette Clubs would want to host an 'inter-Club' event (seeing who's Club brought the most racers, which Club has the better racers, quickest car, etc. ), we can work that into our competition, too.

Anybody who wishes to make runs must wear a current SFI-spec helmet, a shirt the covers the upper-arms and torso (no tank-tops or midriff-baring shirt ), long-pants, and closed-toe shoes (no-sandals ).

If you've never run your Corvette before at a drag-strip, I'd suggest getting to the track early (gates-open at 9:00 AM ), so you can walk-around and familiarize yourself with the track (restrooms, snack-shack, Tech Department, water, air, and fuel, etc. ), or look me up, and I'll try to answer any questions you may have about how the timing-system works:
the Track Staff usually is prepping the track at that time, but if we stay outta their-way, I believe they may let us walk around on the Starting Line and explain how the Christmas Tree works.

Our next race is 2 weeks from today (25 August ), and our season-finale is 2 weeks after that (8 September ), and I am proposing that after the races conclude (2:00 PM-3:00 PM ) that we all meet-up at SONNY'S B-B-Q Pit, right-off I-4 at Exit 220 for a bench-racing/lie-telling session before heading-home.
USA-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2007, 09:28 AM   #4
RevXtreme 1
www.revxtreme.com

Name : Tracy Lewis
RevXtreme 1 has disabled reputation

Great destination for a Saturday morning cruise even if you are not raceing like Glenn, USA-1 says. Well worth the trip
RevXtreme 1 is offline   Reply With Quote