The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > General BS forum

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General BS forum I guess this will be for anything that would seem to be off topic in any other forum here. Just general shootin' the breeze kind of topics.

Unread 05-27-2010, 12:41 PM   #11
Mark Dalton

Name : Mark Dalton
Mark Dalton has disabled reputation

I'm in Gordon. Just tell me where.
Mark Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2010, 06:45 PM   #12
LS2POWA
Team Afterhours Member

Name : Corey Metz
LS2POWA is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob K View Post
I don't fear for my safety Rich. I am concerned about you and the other citizens of this country, especially law enforcement, that may be confronted by someone with one of these weapons.

I'll be back and continue the discussion. I have to take Mom out to lunch.
I have one of these weapons, mines a different brand but nonetheless its decked out to military specs minus full auto feature.

If you cant place 30rds from one of these in the same size circle from 5 shots from a bolt action rifle then do what shooters do. Keep going to the range and practice practice practice. Just to also clarify on your first post comparing them to the 30-60 an other, these rifles also have 5rd mags for hunting purposes (I have two myself).

But as I read your post, if bad guys have them and only LEO/Military should have them to equal the playing field, what are the upstanding civilians supposed to use for their defense against bad guys? A bolt action rifle such as yours. Ill take my AR and my 2 100rd drums over a bolt action even though I also have a .308 with a 5rd capacity.

I dont see what range time has anything to do with being able to obtain a CCW. I rarely go to range now cause of $$, but I had my first rifle when I was 7, tooks a hunters safety course at 9. I understand your all about EXTREME safety, but thats like me wanting everyone over the age of 65 in Florida to have a mandatory driving, reaction time, health check before being allowed to renew their license. Im pretty sure theres more accidents from old people crashing into buildings or other people because they couldnt react or didnt know wtf they were doing in the first place compared to bad guys going to war with cops with semi-auto rifles. But thats my rant.

As per the post, I would be all over buying a couple tickets, but being out of a job for 3mths wont allow. I wouldnt mind adding another AR to my collection. hope you guys raise a lot of monies though.
Unread 05-27-2010, 07:13 PM   #13
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS2POWA View Post
...As per the post, I would be all over buying a couple tickets, but being out of a job for 3mths wont allow. I wouldnt mind adding another AR to my collection. hope you guys raise a lot of monies though.
I understand my friend, and thanks for the well wishes. With the hurricane season upon us, and this danged oil in the gulf, there's a possibility that we'll get busy. We're already fielding calls from some gov't groups regarding assets and availability.....

And FWIW....I agree with you on thew weapons issue. I think everyone that wants one and can meet the qualifications, should be able to have one.

In all my years of LE work, I've NEVER feared for my safety from a person with a lawful weapon and/or CCW.

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2010, 07:15 PM   #14
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

I'm sure Gordon will be willing to run a background check on anyone (other than LEO's) that may win this weapon.
Unread 05-27-2010, 07:36 PM   #15
Shadow

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85vette View Post
I'm sure Gordon will be willing to run a background check on anyone (other than LEO's) that may win this weapon.
That's be fun. Winner must meet eligibility requirements

Remember:

Unread 05-27-2010, 09:31 PM   #16
Bob K
Deceased

Name : Bob Korreck
Bob K has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Just because YOU have no "use" for something means that they should be illegal for everyone else? Our rights should be solely based on NEED (to be determined by whom?) rather than the freedom to do and have what we WANT? So tell me, how many people really have a "use" or "need" for a car that can exceed 80 mph? Shouldn't that capability be restricted to law enforcement and military? The very same logic applies.
OK, I'm back. Looong lunch. I got off topic Rich and I was not thinking of just the 2ND Amendment when I said we don't have freedom and rights to do as we please. I apologize.

Almost anyone in the state of Florida can legally own this weapon. It's my opinion that this is a special purpose assault weapon and folks that want or own one of these should be required to at least be trained in the use of same. I am opposed to John Q Public owning one of these and I'm not going to change my opinion and you won't change yours.

You can argue I want to take away your freedoms but I disagree. You do not have a right to own a fully automatic weapon or metal piercing bullets and I could add more to the list but you get the idea. I'm done.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2010, 09:38 PM   #17
Bob K
Deceased

Quote:
I have one of these weapons, mines a different brand but nonetheless its decked out to military specs minus full auto feature.

If you cant place 30rds from one of these in the same size circle from 5 shots from a bolt action rifle then do what shooters do. Keep going to the range and practice practice practice. Just to also clarify on your first post comparing them to the 30-60 an other, these rifles also have 5rd mags for hunting purposes (I have two myself).

But as I read your post, if bad guys have them and only LEO/Military should have them to equal the playing field, what are the upstanding civilians supposed to use for their defense against bad guys? A bolt action rifle such as yours. Ill take my AR and my 2 100rd drums over a bolt action even though I also have a .308 with a 5rd capacity.

I dont see what range time has anything to do with being able to obtain a CCW. I rarely go to range now cause of $$, but I had my first rifle when I was 7, tooks a hunters safety course at 9. I understand your all about EXTREME safety, but thats like me wanting everyone over the age of 65 in Florida to have a mandatory driving, reaction time, health check before being allowed to renew their license. Im pretty sure theres more accidents from old people crashing into buildings or other people because they couldnt react or didnt know wtf they were doing in the first place compared to bad guys going to war with cops with semi-auto rifles. But thats my rant.

As per the post, I would be all over buying a couple tickets, but being out of a job for 3mths wont allow. I wouldnt mind adding another AR to my collection. hope you guys raise a lot of monies though.
"Extreme safety". Interesting comment. I didn't know you could be extreme. The 742 is not a bolt action and you're really fortunate that you don't need any time at the range. Congrats.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2010, 10:53 PM   #18
LS2POWA
Team Afterhours Member

Name : Corey Metz
LS2POWA is on a distinguished road

I never said I dont need time at a range I said its cause Im low on money. I used to go every other weekend with my old boss.

Why would you label this rifle a special purpose assault weapon? Its a semi-automatic weapon with a high cap mag. Its basically the same thing as a Ruger Mini 14, but with a military style body.

Ruger Mini 14 = Base C6 vette (basic looks)
AR 15 = C6 Z06 (looks nicer, can function the same, cost more)

My father owns a custom Mini 14 in .223, the difference IMO mine looks a hell lot better, but I also have 2200 just in rifle, eotech+mag, grip, sling... He has like 800 in full stainless upgrades, custom polymer camo stock/body, scope, sling, etc etc.

Both shoot same distance, use the same round, and he's got high cap mags bigger then my 30rds, and they arent drums.
Unread 05-27-2010, 11:33 PM   #19
Shadow

Name :

I own a K-Mini-14 GBF, Maritime version of the Mini-14 with the folding stock.

Fires .223, is stainless for the maritime environment, and has never let me down.

When do I carry it now?

Never.

Used to carry in my patrol car, and now, if called up for flood/disaster work, it will be my "boat gun."

Other than that, it sits in it's hard case and I take it out and fondle it on occasion

The weapon on raffle is a sweet looking, nice to handle, easy to store. Fires a commonly available round and has a multi-purpose use. I know this same weapon comes in a .22 and IIRC, the .223 can be converted to .22 for cheaper training and "varmint" use

Back to the raffle.

Remember:

Unread 05-28-2010, 12:06 AM   #20
Bob K
Deceased

Quote:
I never said I dont need time at a range
"I dont see what range time has anything to do with being able to obtain a CCW"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post