The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > RSS Classifieds

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

RSS Classifieds This is a special forum that utilizes RSS feeds to plug in classified ads for Corvettes.

Unread 09-10-2011, 08:53 PM   #1
RSS Feed
RSS Feed Robot

Name :
RSS Feed has disabled reputation
Default WTB Midyear daily driver

I am looking for a midyear daily driver in the mid-twenties. That may be too optimistic, but I thought I would ask.
Here are the caveats, so you don't waste your time. For me, it won't be a waste of my time because I enjoy looking at Classic Corvettes and speaking with their owners. I looked for four years before I found my C1, so I have lots of patience and enjoy the hunt!
1. Daily driver does NOT mean project car. It needs to be in good mechanical condition. I am a klutz and cannot fix things, so it has to be in good working condition to begin with. All the parts in a box are not considered to be good working condition.
2. Numbers matching would be great, but I don't expect that in this price range. However, modified to the point of not looking like a Corvette is not desired either. I like the front and rear chrome, etc.
3. It must be a safe car. Rusted break lines, bad steering, etc are not considered to be a daily driver.
4. A ten footer is the worst I would consider. Holes in the body, seats with no upholstry, etc are not considered to be a daily driver.
5. It has to be near me for inspection. I live in Melbourne Florida near Cape Canaveral. If I can't drive to see it in a couple of hours, I won't consider the car. I know a lot people buy cars in far away cities, but I am too timid for that. I need to see it myself. This will eliminate a lot of potentially great cars out there, but that is my rule.
6. Don't expect immediate replies. I am very busy at work, working a lot of overtime. This is kind of like a catch-22; if it wasn't for work, I could not buy a mid-year, however, work gets in the way of me looking to find a mid-year I can afford.
7. Purchase subject to approval by the wife. This is non-negotiable! When I found the C1 I currently own, I called and told her that I found the one to buy. Her only comment was: "how are you going to get the car home since you drove to another city to look at it?" Gotta love the wife that lets you do stuff like that! I told her tonight that I was going to start looking for a C2 and she only said "OK".
I am looking for mid-year only. I have a C1 and a C5. (Neither of them are for sale.) I have also owned several C3's in the past. My bucket list has me owning one from every generation of Corvette before I die, not all at the same time. I have never owned a C2, so I thought I would give it a look see now.

Source...
RSS Feed is offline   Reply With Quote