The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > On The Road Outside of Florida

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

On The Road Outside of Florida Cruising | Scenic Routes | Speed Traps | Cool Places To Visit | Interesting Experiences while travelling outside of Florida.

Unread 01-01-2011, 10:03 AM   #1
THOR

Name :
THOR will become famous soon enough
Default Auto Train Transport

Is anyone aware of auto train transport to different parts of USA? I know the train from Stanford carries to Washington D.C. area. I was thinking about transport to Utah and meeting my brother there to drive our vettes through the mountains. I really don't want to drive from Florida to Utah. I can't seem to find info on transport other than the Stanford route. Any help would be appreciated.
THOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2011, 12:04 PM   #2
Bob K
Deceased

Name : Bob Korreck
Bob K has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by THOR View Post
Is anyone aware of auto train transport to different parts of USA? I know the train from Stanford carries to Washington D.C. area. I was thinking about transport to Utah and meeting my brother there to drive our vettes through the mountains. I really don't want to drive from Florida to Utah. I can't seem to find info on transport other than the Stanford route. Any help would be appreciated.
Years ago a friend had a car shipped from NY to WA. Part of it was rail and then auto transport (truck). They missed the delivery date by a month (late) and the radio had been stolen. I would only ship via a private carrier and then there is no guarantee.

No way in heil would I ship my Vette or any other car that I cared about.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2011, 01:41 PM   #3
THOR

Name :

Thanks for your input. I was hoping to travel by rail and take my car on an over night rail.
Unread 01-03-2011, 02:29 PM   #4
Bob K
Deceased

Quote:
Originally Posted by THOR View Post
Thanks for your input. I was hoping to travel by rail and take my car on an over night rail.
Sorry, my mis-understanding. Can't help ya on that one.
Unread 01-03-2011, 05:12 PM   #5
Riceman

Name : Velocity Yellow ZO6
Riceman has disabled reputation

I don't think there's one either. Your only option is to rent a carrier and hau it that way. U haul carrier or if someone on the board has a trailer to lend it to you. But would only work if you have a truck to pull it with.
Riceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2011, 06:04 PM   #6
Bob K
Deceased

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riceman View Post
I don't think there's one either. Your only option is to rent a carrier and hau it that way. U haul carrier or if someone on the board has a trailer to lend it to you. But would only work if you have a truck to pull it with.
Well that's not a problem. I have a tilt bed aluminum trailer you are more than welcome to use at no charge. Tie downs and 2 spare tires.
Unread 01-03-2011, 07:48 PM   #7
THOR

Name :

Thanks Bob for the offer. I didn't want to drive from Florida to Utah. I was hoping to be a train passenger with all the amenities and then drive off the train and see the mountains for a few days and then take a train back. This can be done on the Amtrak run from Stanford, Fl. to Washington D. C. which we may do one day and explore Boston, D.C. and other areas. Too bad Amtrak doesn't have a car transport rail to other parts of the country. I checked with Amtrak and the only leg is the east coast.
Unread 01-03-2011, 08:36 PM   #8
Riceman

Name : Velocity Yellow ZO6
Riceman has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riceman View Post
Ok, change the truck to a motorhome and a driver. LOL!

I have a 39 ft motorhome but not willing to drive to Utah, sorry!
Riceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2011, 09:56 PM   #9
THOR

Name :

Thanks Riceman. Happy new Year to ya!!
PS: If you are going to the Frenchy's restaurant for Corvette Florida gathering, I'll be the tall balding red head with my blonde wife. Hope to meet you there.
Unread 01-04-2011, 12:45 PM   #10
ayamen

Name :
ayamen has disabled reputation

I've used American Auto Transport a few times. They are local Florida guys that did a pretty good job. I'm not sure if trains go from Florida to Utah, so you might have to go with truckers.
ayamen is offline   Reply With Quote