• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

C4 Sunvisors

Pres712

Pres712
I'm finally getting around to restoring my '86 and the sunvisors are really beat up. I can't see paying the $200 or so to replace them so thought I'd try and recover them myself. BUT, how the heck do you get the damn mirror off to attempt to cover them? I can feel two little bumps on the backside and think the mirror is pressed thru the cardboard. I have tried gently prying the mirror but it will not give. I don't want to force and break something. Anybody got any ideas?

I sent mine to Dave at Wheels to Wings in Pinellas Park. Cost me a whopping $40 and I had them done in black vinyl with red stitching. I figure they'll be more rigid and last longer with the vinyl.

I couldn't figure out the mirror either so I just let Dave do it. :D Good luck. :thumbsup:

I sent mine to Dave at Wheels to Wings in Pinellas Park. Cost me a whopping $40 and I had them done in black vinyl with red stitching. I figure they'll be more rigid and last longer with the vinyl.

I couldn't figure out the mirror either so I just let Dave do it. :D Good luck. :thumbsup:

Is that for both? And did he put new cardboard or whatever in it to fix that "wing" that always flops?

What's his address?

Yep. $40 for both and I picked them up the next day!

Wheels To Wings Upholstery
(727) 526-0893
4335 62nd Ave
Pinellas Park, FL

Back