The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > The Ranting Room

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

The Ranting Room Got a gripe about life? Want to sound off about the unfairness of the universe? Does something just REALLY piss you off? Well, come on in and talk about it!

Unread 08-27-2011, 02:09 PM   #1
als2052
Road Trip!

Name :
als2052 is on a distinguished road
Default In The Obituary Today:

Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years. He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as:

Knowing when to come in out of the rain; Why the early bird gets the worm; Life isn't alway's fair; and maybe it was my fault.

Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you earn) and reliable strategies (adults, not children, are in charge).

His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well-intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a 6-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition. Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job that they themselves had failed to do in disciplining their unruly children.

It declined further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer an aspirin to a student but could not inform parents when a student became pregnant and wanted an abortion. Common Sense lost the will to live as churches became businesses and criminals received better treatment than their victims.

Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar could sue you for assault.

He finally gave up the will to live after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled it in her lap and was promptly awarded a huge settlement.

Common Sense was preceded in death by parents, Truth and Trust; wife, Discretion; daughter, Responsibility; and by son Reason.

He is survived by 4 stepbrothers - I Know My Rights, I Want It Now, Someone Else Is To Blame, and I'm A Victim.

Attendance was low because so few realized he was gone.
Unread 08-27-2011, 02:36 PM   #2
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Yeah, "common sense" has long been dead in this country. Take a look at this thread on another of my forums talking about kids being harassed by local "authorities" for selling lemonade.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=236135
Unread 08-27-2011, 02:55 PM   #3
Mark Dalton

Name : Mark Dalton
Mark Dalton has disabled reputation

Damn right they should be shut down! 'Cause we all know that drinking lemonade leads to alcoholism, DUI's, etc. And don't get me started on those pesky girl scouts and their cookies. I wouldn't be surprised to see them all on an episode of "Scared Straight" soon. At least the police chief offered them a tour of the station house. Now maybe they'll give up their lawless ways.
Mark Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2012, 08:37 AM   #4
Remo

Name : Bob Remo
Remo has disabled reputation
Default Doing Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Yeah, "common sense" has long been dead in this country. Take a look at this thread on another of my forums talking about kids being harassed by local "authorities" for selling lemonade.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=236135
The kids would not have been harassed if they had gotten the proper permit and also gave a certain portion of their profits to the local police department.

2001 Lingenfelter Convertible, 469 RWHP, 453 RWTQ
Remo is offline   Reply With Quote