The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > The Ranting Room

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

The Ranting Room Got a gripe about life? Want to sound off about the unfairness of the universe? Does something just REALLY piss you off? Well, come on in and talk about it!

Unread 06-11-2007, 10:19 AM   #11
sandman

Name :
sandman is on a distinguished road
Question

You mean to tell me that they actually Have customer service people like you see on television commercials? I thought that they were the people that go around the country cleaning out peoples homes and redesigning rooms. I can't say My HD has anyone you can find to help you.
sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2007, 03:05 PM   #12
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
ynkedad will become famous soon enough

So true!
Unread 07-12-2007, 07:31 PM   #13
Kap142

Name :
Kap142 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynkedad
I purchased a Cub Cadet 50" Zero turn mower recently and today the deck belt broke . Do I pulled the rest of the way off and drove my dusty dirty a$$ to Home Depot to see what they'd do for me, since I haven't owned it for long.
I told the lady in returns, that I haven't owned it long (less than 5 months), it only has 5.8 hours on it, I use it only for MY lawn and it shouldn't break this soon. Of course, I didn't bring in my recipt and they say they don't keep records for any purchases over three months . So now, I go back to the house and the search begins . Why is nothing where it should be ?
We found an invoice with the date of purchase and other info on it, so back to the store I go. Now the gal at returns says this isn't good enough, they can't do anything with it. WTF! She then gets the manager up there and I explained that I couldn't find my recipt at the moment, but found an invoice with the cost, date of purchase, skew # on it etc, so why isn't it good enough. The manager told me to go find the belt I needed...I did and she then bid me a good day as did I her . Here I thought I was going to have to get UGLIER.
Dude that's exactly why I ONLY deal with Lowes

Home Depot is mucked up.

Ken
Unread 07-12-2007, 08:52 PM   #14
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynkedad
I purchased a Cub Cadet 50" Zero turn mower recently and today the deck belt broke . Do I pulled the rest of the way off and drove my dusty dirty a$$ to Home Depot to see what they'd do for me, since I haven't owned it for long.
I told the lady in returns, that I haven't owned it long (less than 5 months), it only has 5.8 hours on it, I use it only for MY lawn and it shouldn't break this soon. Of course, I didn't bring in my recipt and they say they don't keep records for any purchases over three months . So now, I go back to the house and the search begins . Why is nothing where it should be ?
We found an invoice with the date of purchase and other info on it, so back to the store I go. Now the gal at returns says this isn't good enough, they can't do anything with it. WTF! She then gets the manager up there and I explained that I couldn't find my recipt at the moment, but found an invoice with the cost, date of purchase, skew # on it etc, so why isn't it good enough. The manager told me to go find the belt I needed...I did and she then bid me a good day as did I her . Here I thought I was going to have to get UGLIER.
A buddy of mine bought one of these last year. He showed it to me and let me play with it in his yard. It was a blast to drive. I asked him how it was holding up a couple of weeks later and he told me the belt that drove the transmission had a pulley lock up and it actually set it and his grass on fire! He dragged it onto a trailer and took it back to HD and got a full refund (I don't think he had it three weeks). He took his $2999.99 and went and bought a commercial Hustler for $2000.00 more. I have since bought a commercial Scag to mow my 4.5 acres. These mowers actually make cutting the grass a pleasure.
85vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2007, 07:46 AM   #15
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
ynkedad will become famous soon enough

Ken...you're right, They are Mucked up! Trouble is...(at least around here) Lowes isn't much better.

85vette... Man, I used to dred mowing for what must have took 1/2 the day on a lawn tractor. NOW.. YEEHAAA!! It's like you said...A pleasure!
Unread 07-13-2007, 01:51 PM   #16
Nytro
Delta House Member

Name :
Nytro is on a distinguished road

I bought a patio set last January for $599.00 from Home Depot. Last month I saw the same patio set for $100.00 less, ya $499.00. The story of my life. So I grabbed my reciept and called and talked to the store manager and explained my tale of woe. He explained to me that they usually will only honor a sales difference for 90 days, but if I brought my reciept in he would do something for me. I went down to the Valrico Home Depot and left with a Home Depot card with a hundred dollar credit balance on it. No beefs from me.

www.adamspolishes.com

Authority forgets a dying king
Nytro is offline   Reply With Quote