The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > The Ranting Room

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

The Ranting Room Got a gripe about life? Want to sound off about the unfairness of the universe? Does something just REALLY piss you off? Well, come on in and talk about it!

Unread 06-03-2008, 06:10 PM   #21
Lou G

Name :
Lou G is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolassbrad View Post
boy people sure do jump on the wagon to slam nick.if he were an older guy in the middle of his midlife crisses driving a vette that shopped the sponserers here people wouldnt be talking **** they would say hes a great guy and it was an accident.hes 17 he shouldnt be in jail he should be on house arrest Iknow him personally and it was an accident john knew what he was doing when he got in the car.hes a dick anyway maybe it was what karma had in mind for him who knows but it seems he got what he deserved.we all do in the endI guess some of us arent as perfect as others
So let me get this straight. John is a d*** and he got what he deserved but it was an accident so Nick should be home instead of jail eventhough he was driving and his friend?? is in the hospital and might die.
WOW!!
Lou G is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2008, 06:15 PM   #22
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :
CHASZ51 is on a distinguished road

OUCH!

I was about to say. lock er up.
CHASZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2008, 07:12 PM   #23
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

I thought about locking the thread early on, but unlike some places, we value the freedom of speech.

Rich has made it clear that we don't want outright attacks on each other, but as far as I'm concerned, stating ones opinion on the matter, or the approval or disapproval of ones position on said issue, should be allowed. Otherwise, we bacome a place where only one side is heard or valued. I'm hoping that never happens.

I see nothing wrong with discussing the issue, and as Brad has stated before, everyone has an opinion and everyone should be allowed to express it.

Lets stay on point and all will be well
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2008, 08:51 PM   #24
LS2POWA
Team Afterhours Member

Name : Corey Metz
LS2POWA is on a distinguished road

forget you all set him free! jk

i say let that little **** out into general population. lets the big boys pound his arse into a vegative state. his dad should have learned that if you wreck a viper over an over an over...not to put him behind the wheel of a matchbox car on roids.
Unread 06-03-2008, 09:23 PM   #25
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Last warning. The next one who uses profanity in this thread is going to have the honor of being the first one I ban from the site for three days.
Unread 06-03-2008, 10:10 PM   #26
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

Sorry for the heavy rant there Rich. It just pegs my needle when someone thinks a "celebrity" should get preferential treatment. And this Bollea kid isn't even that. If my son was in his place, I'd be really torn up. But did he get what he had coming? There are consequences for the choices we make in life and they should be distributed equally no matter what your name is or how much money you (or your family) have. If he had been driving 5 or ten miles over the speed limit and had this wreck it might qualify as an accident. But when you drive in excess of 30 mph over the posted speed limit with a passenger in the car on a street heavy with traffic, racing.....that's no accident. That my friend is a poor choice. And if you make choices that poor, you have demonstrated that you don't need to be driving. I've dealt with this type of personality before. Daddy (or mommy) will get me out of this, they've done it before, many times. Well, when you make a decision that cost someone their life (no, he's not dead, but he may as well be) you should be prepared to deal with what gets handed down to you. I can't help but wonder what John thinks about all this (if he CAN think).
85vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2008, 10:14 PM   #27
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85vette View Post
Sorry for the heavy rant there Rich. It just pegs my needle when someone thinks a "celebrity" should get preferential treatment. And this Bollea kid isn't even that. If my son was in his place, I'd be really torn up. But did he get what he had coming? There are consequences for the choices we make in life and they should be distributed equally no matter what your name is or how much money you (or your family) have. If he had been driving 5 or ten miles over the speed limit and had this wreck it might qualify as an accident. But when you drive in excess of 30 mph over the posted speed limit with a passenger in the car on a street heavy with traffic, racing.....that's no accident. That my friend is a poor choice. And if you make choices that poor, you have demonstrated that you don't need to be driving. I've dealt with this type of personality before. Daddy (or mommy) will get me out of this, they've done it before, many times. Well, when you make a decision that cost someone their life (no, he's not dead, but he may as well be) you should be prepared to deal with what gets handed down to you. I can't help but wonder what John thinks about all this (if he CAN think).

Well said
It's all about the choices we make in life...
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2008, 11:53 PM   #28
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85vette View Post
I fully understand Jeff, and agree with you. The law SHOULD be the law, no matter who it is applied to. But some involved in his thread are going just a couple of toes over the line as to what is acceptable as being posted on a public message board. Without some moderation brakes applied, it would only get worse, which I don't want to see happen here.
Unread 06-04-2008, 06:56 AM   #29
fletcher4u

Name : Bob Fletcher
fletcher4u has disabled reputation

Alot of passion here happens and he needs to pay the price and move on
fletcher4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2008, 09:39 AM   #30
gmjunkie
Corvette,GM Classic Freak

Name : I'm Not Post'n in BOI
gmjunkie is on a distinguished road
Default PUI (Posting Under Influence)

PUI and Intervention

Introduction
Alcohol abuse and alcohol-related problems remain a major public posting issue. Drunk posting is a problem that has gained much attention over recent years. The magnitude of the drunk posting problem is often shown using number of banned data. Approximately one-third of all bannings, where the poster had been tested for alcohol, are associated with blood alcohol concentrations five times (5X) above the legal limit.

Reader trauma, unwanted threads, and recidivist offending, place additional frustration and time burdens on Corvette communities, reinforcing the need to establish effective drunk posting interventions.

Defining the Drunk Poster
Drunk posting has consistently been shown to be associated with a range of risk factors:

Male, young age (under 65), low socio-economic background (all their disposable income in Corvettes).

Problems with alcohol consumption and high levels of alcohol use, usually associated with their time away from CorvetteFlorida.

Poor Corvette knowledge and deviant attitudes toward drunk posting (extensive histories of forum banning).

Drink Posting and the Social Context
The essential social determinant of drunk posting is alcohol consumption in conjunction with online presence on other (than CorvetteFlorida) Corvette forums. Drinking behaviours are often learned through gearhead influences and therefore become ingrained lifestyle behaviours.

The social internet of offenders can often influence drunk posting behaviours through the nature of these relationships. Constant reading of incorrect, non-referenced, technical information, is likely to be involved with drunk posting. On the other hand, technical accuracy and supportive relationships in the offenders social network, helps to reduce the incidence of drunk posting, along with the disapproval from moderators and deadbeats.

Controling Posting Under the Influence (PUI)
Three alcohol-related policies that are seen to be important in reducing drunk posting are:

Accurate technical posts with references
Supportive membership, who disapprove of any personal attacks
An open bar for those who can hold their liquor

Countermeasures for PUI
Intervention strategies designed to control the drunk posting problem have been numerous. These strategies are generally divided into two groups depending on the primary target: general interventions and specific interventions.

General Intervention Strategies
Random spell checking.
Review of posts for subject, verb and objects (complete sentences).
Review of posts for excessive references to C7 headroom.

Specific Intervention Strategies
Drink with the offender.
Target the offender with the aim of reducing their potential to re-offend.
Alcohol-Computer keyboard interlock devices.
Mandatory enrollment in CForum/DC/CAC/Z06 forums, as an absolute deterrent.